why were we so quick

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tony Bag o Donuts, Jul 22, 2008.

1. why were we so quick

to fire Don Imus and just accept this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25788692/

I designed schools for kids with autism for 6 years and it is incredible that someone would say something that is so unfounded!
    I woke up for my birthday (thanks sherri) and now am pissed.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

freedom of speech seems to be limited in some cases.... and also still i wonder why people care so much about what others say.

my 2cts.
  3. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

IMO It's not really caring about what other people say, it's the lack of sincerity when it comes to certain issues. Saying something like "Autism is not real and that 95% of the time it's just some brat acting out" has to be heartbreaking to hear if you're a parent of a Autistic child and you're struggling daily with the disease.
  4. I agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but give me a break, because its not Don Imus or even Tom Cruise saying something that this guy gets a break because he is not as popular?
  5. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Give it time, the word will spread & there will a reckoning day for the opinionated dolt.
    What scares me is, how many ppl that listen will 'believe" what he is telling them with the reasoning of, "Well, he's been right before" mentality. He wants to be a "# 1" but all he is, is #3. Will do anything to attract attention?
    I have never heard of him and now considering myself lucky until today of staying blissfully ignorant of the "insert your word here".
  6. cheri

cheri Active Member

Oh trust me its spreading...I have been getting emails from all directions.

I can respect anyone's "educated" opinion...but from what I have read so far this is a rant from a man who evidently has no interest in educating himself prior to opening is mouth.

He wont apologize, doubt he will be reprimanded, Hear Home Depot has pulled their ad's, maybe other companies will follow. You know the saying what goes around comes around....i do have a feeling at some point this guy is going to find out the hard way.
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

No point wasting any birthday energy over this guys rant. As you said his opinion is unfounded. I would not be surprised if he said these things simply for the notoriety and press he would receive.

Gives Tony a birthday ((Hug))
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

perhaps (just a thought) i am too liberal... don't we all say dumb "less educated" things at times, difference is we are not on the radio.
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

I agree....Like you said he is on the radio, people look up to this guy and will believe him.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

really ? there are still people who believe those things....

wow. :wacko:
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

Yes unfortunately they do and they vote...but we wont go there I promise :)
  12. Geekster

Geekster New Member

And breed --that's what scares me too.
  13. mbrevard

mbrevard New Member

I do not agree with what he said and based on what I have read do not feel like his comments were right but I am also a big supporter of our Constitutional rights. I choose not to listen to him or Imus just because I do not care for their format but he has the right to voice his opinion. Just as we do. You and I have the right not to listen to him or do business with any of his advertisers. You also have the right to contact him, his advertisers and bosses and voice your opinion but just because you do not agree with what he says does not mean he should not be able to say it. Just my two cents. :smile:
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

like i said wow.... and yea, it's even worse that they vote and one of them might be the next president, but i am not going there either :}

that even scarierererer :}
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

well said sir....
  16. cheri

cheri Active Member

I agree....people can say what ever they want. I think we can also express our discontent.
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member