Why was I cheap *** on Android and a baller on WP?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by ninjaap, Dec 10, 2011.

1. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

The years I've spent with Android, not once did I pay for apps. If it didn't have a free version, then it was on to the next one. Even at $0.99, I thought devs were crazy if they thought I would dish out my hard earned cash.

Fast forward, a year spent with WP. Currently, I have a couple dozen games loaded on my phone. Half of those I've paid for at prices ranging from $2.99 - $6.99. I also have a few tools like flashlight, bill trackers, parcel trackers, etc that I've gladly paid for to remove the ads.

I'm not going to lie. In the beginning, I was one of those people who complained about apps costing more than $0.99, even if I, ironically, have never bought an app before.

What makes WP so different? Is it the culture? Somehow, I feel more supportive when it comes to devs who make really good, useful and stable apps. I also feel the need to reward or give back to active and supportive devs who return emails and constantly update apps. Why I didn't feel this way when I was on Android, is beyond me. Why the change of heart? I really don't know.

Are you the same way?
  2. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

I appreciate the fact there is a far smaller population on WP7, and therefore understand the need for the prices. As long as Microsoft actually start reducing prices as audience's increase, then im happy for the moment.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hmmmmm... With the promise of integration between Xbox and WP, I doubt the prices will go down for XBL titles. Sad to say, it may even go up as it could be viewed as a premium service.
  4. James Kiss

James Kiss New Member

I feel ya ninjaap. Although, one of my favorite developers is indie and all his games are free. I'm writing up an interview/post about him soon. Have you played any of Elbert Perez's games?