Why Gomez Why!?!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by n99hockey, Jul 1, 2007.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

2. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Red Wings

I was going to say something, but then I thought "WHO CARES?" It's all about the Red Wings anyway. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Steve
  3. LE1010

LE1010 New Member

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!
  4. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

Hmmm so far I'm still out on what the Caps have done, Victor Kozlov and Poti. We shall see what the rest of the FA brings us. Stupid rags had to go and get alot stronger. I hope they wind up being the Yankee's paying big money for a flop :)
  5. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Exactly, who does care? Hockey was ruined for me this year when DISNEY won the Stanley Cup....Even your Red Wings couldn't get past a "Mickey Mouse" (sorry, the pun was definitely intended) team:laugh2:
  6. n99hockey

what the hell is with all these red wing fans!? :tounge:
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and in other sports-news, the Reds fired their manager :}

Scott, back to you <hehe>
  8. n99hockey

well...atleast im not a REDS fan :wink:
  9. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

The Ducks

I won't go that far. In some sense, I'd rather see an "American" team win, but then I heard that the Ducks had the most Canadian players of any team. That should at least mollify some Canadian fans. :wink:

I do think that Scott Pronger should have been suspended for the remainder of the playoffs after that second cheap shot against the Senators. How many suspensions does it take to get you kicked out? (In the NBA, seven technical fouls in the playoffs get you a one-game suspension, but those don't injure people.)

Steve
  10. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Drury and Gomez to the Rangers. Ryan Smyth to Colorado. Jason Blake to the Leafs. Zednik, Poti, Kozlov all gone. Yashin jettisoned to make room for the big free agents. After two days, the big splash is the Islanders signing of Jonathan Sim. Get ready Kansas, you might be getting a once proud hockey team.

The Islanders are officially the worst team in the NHL, but hey we've got the Ice Girls.

It's a sad day for Long Island hockey fans. No FA's to speak of and the Rag$ signings is just salt in the wound.
  11. n99hockey

the main headline of SI.com's hockey section

Devil's Island

Chin up, Sabres and Devils fans. You could be Islanders fans. React to John Rolfe's take on the Isles' galling losses of Ryan Smyth and Jason Blake, the latest in a long tale of woe.

its gonna be a long year!
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

or you name would have been n99reds ? :}
  13. n99hockey

possibly! (but probably not :wink:)

also...Devils lost Rafalski to the Red Wings...come on people...what happened to team loyalty!?
  14. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Thank Curt Flood

Big money is what happened. Thank Curt Flood (of the MLB St. Louis Cardinals) for free agency.

Of course, the same thing is happening in corporate America. When companies treated employees more like long-term investments with things like pensions and service bonuses (back when there were Personnel departments and job openings instead of Human Resources and headcount), people didn't switch jobs as much. With down-sizing, outsourcing and off-shoring, I hope no company who uses those ever complains about lack of employee morale or loyalty.

And, yes, you can probably also thank the tech industry here in Silicon Valley, where people found that job-hopping could often bring 10-30% salary increases.

Steve
  15. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

I like Poti's comments on a DC radio station.

What do you make of whats going on at Long Island?
    Seems like they lost a ton of guys and i'm not really sure what they are trying to do there but its not my concern anymore.

I'm also quite excited the Caps got Nylander :) going to be an exciting season watching Ovey-Nylander-Kozlov followed by Semin-Backstrom-Fehr (<-hopefully he's healthy).
  16. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Or when Kevin Garnett signed the 7 year 120 million contract that caused the NBA lockout....:angry: