Why Doesn't Resco Registry Editor Appear?

Discussion in 'Mac and Motorola Q' started by bullrider, Sep 11, 2006.

1. bullrider

bullrider New Member

Why Doesn't Resco Registry Editor Appear?

Hey all,
    I purchased and installed the Resco Explorer, which comes with the Registry Editor. For some reason, the Registry Editor is not appearing as a program in the Start menu, although it should alongside the Explorer.
    I've done some research and found that a number of other Mac users have had the same issue.

Does anyone know how to get the Registry Editor running on the Q if it currently isn't visible?

Thanks
  2. sdambrot

sdambrot New Member

Resco Registry Editor

I only discovered after contacting them that it's a separate (free) download from http://www.resco.net/smartphone/explorer/downloads.asp.

The checkbox in Resco Explorer 2005 (note that 2007 is for Pocket PC) apparently only enables the Reg Editor.
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea, what he ^^ said. it's a separate free download.
  4. ari

ari New Member

Resco Directory And Hacks

Im a pc user and just had resco explorer sms'ed to my q. after downloading the file and going through the steps i know see a resco explorer folder in my start menu..however, i cant find the hkey directory to start doing hacks. where can i find the hkey directory? and is it possible i didnt get the full version of resco because i opted for the free version just to be sent to my phone? thanks
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you need Resco Registry to edit the registry, and the HKEY is not a directory/folder that's why you can find it.