Why Are Motorola Q's So Messed Up And Why Must They Always Cause Problems

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by bosz2141, Feb 13, 2008.

1. bosz2141

bosz2141 New Member

Why Are Motorola Q's So Messed Up And Why Must They Always Cause Problems

I love my phone, when its working its the best phone out other than the iPhone, but why are there so many problems withit freezing and programs not running. I just bought a Q9m on sunday and i have had to do 2 master resets so far. My contacts froze up and i couldnt edit and delete them. AND none of my programs would open saying access denied:this program cant open because it is not backed by a trusted certificate. i just want to know why there are so many problems with this phone? is it the version of WM? Once again i love my phone to death but im starting to lose faith in it. I guess im just lookin for someone to restore my faith.
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

A: How many contacts do you have?
    B: A lot of programs aren't signed for WM (apparently it costs a good bit)
    Just take some time to get used to the phone, search for any of the issues that you have. Odds are that your questions have probably been answered here already. I've had both the Q1 and the Q9c (both for sprint). I actually haven't had any of the issues that others do (I guess I'm lucky) But we are all here to help with any problems you may have.
  3. bosz2141

bosz2141 New Member

I had somewhere between 170-185 contacts. The programs that wouldnt run were the ones that came with the phone like task manager and even my contacts list. I had the Q1 too and i had some issues but i never had to master reset or anything. Its just frustrating to think i might have to be doing this all over again every 2 days. thanks for your help though. i think im just gonna go to verizon this weekend, maybe i just got a lemon
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Could be, at any rate I know I would feel better with a new phone if that were happening to me.
  5. My-Q

My-Q New Member

bosz, if you are still around, are you still having problems? If you are and you are, have you taken the phone back for a replacement? I would suggest that.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

agreed w/ My-Q...
  7. bosz2141

bosz2141 New Member

everything works good now i think my problems had something to do with yahoo go because this time around i didnt download it. The only thing that annoys me is if my phone dies or i have to shut it off...i have to re-do all my settings when i turn it back on. but hey it's better than those master resets
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it's half the battle if you figured out what is causing most of the issues.. i hope your Q-life will be issue less, just in case it is not i suggest checking out Sprite backup so a Master Reset is much less work and/or stress. it is 19 bucks well spent as far as i am concerned.
  9. If the OP says q's stink, he should try a treo :)
  10. MWYada

MWYada New Member

For lockups and slowdowns, try disabling predictive text and clearing input history:

From home screen click Start, Settings, scroll down to Text Input Settings. Remove the check from "Suggest words when typing." Then click Menu, Clear Input History. Then click Done.

I was skeptical, but it fixed the problem for me.