Who's Q actually works??

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by widerberg, Jun 18, 2007.

1. LAMPRO

LAMPRO New Member

the Q is extra buggggy. ive lost my camera over and over again. every time i install an app, i risk losing it. right now after a ton of master resets, i have nsbackups and the contact file, live search for maps etc, and thats it. anything more and it bugs out and forgets about its own camera. i have net2.0cf installed and it seems to save me, like after an install i do, which i do from active sync, i have to run the net2.0cf install again. very wierd, and buggy. feel trapped and might have to swap it at sprint, got march 30 07. not happy.
  2. rifsk

rifsk New Member

When attempting to update my software I ran into this issue.. the phone all the sudden stopped being recognized by ActiveSync and the updater wasn't working either. After taking out the battery and attempting to get it working again multiple times, I tried it on my girlfriend's computer where the Software Updater said it was up to date.. all this while I just had a black screen with the Motorola Flash Booter deal.

I switched it back to my computer and oddly enough it went through the re-installation fine and everything will hopefully be back to normal (says it's 95% done restoring my personal data).

Edit: Well, for some reason it won't progress past restoring personal data / 100% of the update.. it says to not disconnect the device, but the phone looks to be working again. What should I do?
  3. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Loving the Q and not had a problem with it yet. :)
  4. Audioi

Audioi New Member

I was really blown away when I got mine fired up last wednesday. It worked fine until saturday when it loced up roaming. Since then its been something new every day. Today I had the same problem as you. It would not turn on after sitting on the charger overnight.
  5. MoWorse

MoWorse New Member

Black Q Almost Totally Statisfied

I really like my Q. Only a month old with no major problems. A few soft resets and back to normal. Was a power Treo user before, spreadsheets, word docs, powerpoint etc. What did I give up??? Resets from 2x in the last month for my Q to the 8 to 10x per day with the Treo. I lost 15 stylus in the 1st year alone and now I don't remember how to use one. I do miss saying Hello 4 or 5 times when I answered the Treo and also miss having sent 5 blue tooth headsets back because they wouldn't sink or would drop calls and/or squeal in my ear instead of the soft ring tone like my Q. Bought a 3$ blue tooth headset from Ebay and it works great. The Treo has been around for a lot longer than the Q and read their forums if you want to hear about nightmares. BTW. Yesterday I forgot to charge my Q and when I arrived at work Dead Battery. So I sync it to my laptop turned off for about an hour. My laptop indicated it could not connect to the device (DOH!). After about an hour I had just enough juice to kick start my Q. Turned it on and re-sync'd it to my laptop and by late morning fully charged Q! Something worked right. Give it a try sometime!:2cool:
  6. Whizzer

Whizzer Member

I'm fairly new to this board, only posting a few times so far. But I'm getting to like my Q. I went the smartphone route because of needing a larger phonebook than I could get in most phones. I had a Nokia 6255i (with 6 lines with Alltel) that was full and I was even "cheating," to get in the last few contacts--like 4 or 5 different contacts under "Brown." Now we're on Sprint SERO, and I picked the Q for mine.

1) I am THRILLED with the improved phonebook. Not just more contacts, but HUGE improvments in functionality. Type any part of the name(s) and voilla! Outlook backups are wonderful.

2) It is a decent phone.

3) The keyboard lock feature is cool. I've always had clamshells and it didn't matter in a leather holster. My phones all have lived mostly in a Krussel generic horizontal threaded on my belt. Q does too. It just aint coming out unless I want it to. No way, no how.

4) Email works, but klunkier than a Blackberry. Lots cheaper too.

5) Streaming radio is way cool.

6) MANY MANY more features to explore, and most of them work. User cleverness is a virtue, from what I can tell, for all smartphone/pda/ppc enviornments.

There are issues, but not many. Battery life, hard handoffs twixt cell sites while travelling on data, etc. Thinking of doing MOL3.

Yes, I'm making my peace with the Q. But to the OP especially, keep working with it, and be patient. It's a tool to be learned.

Stan
  7. Audioi

Audioi New Member

OK so I gave it one last try. Pushed the power button, it booted like it should and has worked fine since. I think mine is possessed and was running scared (I Hope).
  8. antharr

antharr New Member

Simple answer. If people don't like the phone then just get something else. Geez I just don't get when someone posts with such disgust for something and continue to use it and then keep posting about how horrible it is. I love my Q.
  9. binder

binder New Member

mine works fine.

and i would love a treo 755p, but im' not about to pay 300$ for a phone.....i got my q for 99$ then a 100$ mail in rebate so basically for free.
  10. winotree

winotree New Member

Loving my Q2!

Geez, you guys...this was the thread I was going to start this weekend!

Got my grey Sprint Q in April after using a Samsung A660 with Sprint PowerVison for 3 yrs--my very first cellphone. Can still remember the day I "discovered" access to the Internet--wahoo.
    Thought I was really on to something new.

I have experienced no real problems w/Q. Got it on a weekend and spent 2 days "playing with it" until I felt comfortable with this device. That's how I think of it--not just a fone; not just a notebook; not just a computer; not just a camera or radio or music player; not just a lot of things, but a device. A device capable of all these things and more--a device I can grow into and grow with. (Oh! that's good...is anyone writing this stuff down? )

Seriously tho--and to be honest I did DL some freeware (beta and otherwise--some reccommended on this site) and my Q went and got downright squirrely on me. Just took it off, did a hard reset for good luck and chalked it up to experience.

My battery life is good or better--use it all day and most of the evening for map reading, weather gathering, traffic contrl, usiness and personal calls, e-mail and web-surfing and get by w/ one charge when I get home. Takes about 60-75 minutes from 25% to FULL CHARGE. So yes, I AM happy with my Q. Sound quality is good; sufing is smooth and easy and if I did not already mention, no I don't have a PC.

Ladies and Gentlemen--I have a Q. :serene smile:
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i am having the same thoughts about this... if you don't like it and are in the position to get something else, do it and move on..
  12. Querl Dox

Querl Dox New Member

I Love my Q & my Q Loves me

I've had my Q for two months now and I love it. Actually, this is my second one 'cause I crashed the first one. (whoops.) Fortunately, I got Total Protection from Sprint so I was able to do a unit swap.

It does take a little while to get used to it, though. If you play with it long enough, you can discover new tricks, just like a computer.