Who's Q actually works??

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by widerberg, Jun 18, 2007.

1. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Me neither, not one. Still on the Same Q after almost 1 year....
  2. Guerrilla

Guerrilla New Member

I remember my dad bringing home his brand new flat screen plasma TV not too long ago. He was so proud of it, and rightly so. Loved the thing until it was about a week old and the screen just went dead. He just got a bad TV. He went through the process and got a brand new one and now it's been working perfectly for months.

Sometimes you just get a lemon. I've only had one problem with my Q and it was because I tried using the Automatic Keylock program's screen saver just to check it out. It went to standby and then I got stuck with no display, but the keyboard would light up to show it was responding. I removed the battery and restarted, all was well.

Give it another shot, you'll like the Q :laugh2: People don't post about the Qs that work for them, they usually post for help with malfunctioning Qs. Give it another shot.
  3. widerberg

widerberg New Member

Hey, All.

Well, I got my new Q and so far everything is perfect. I took my dead one back to the Sprint Store and it was a totally painless experience. The guy helping me wouldn't win any personality contests, I think part of their training must be to avoid eye contact, but I was in and out in 10 minutes with no hassles. It was definitely a good experience.

I'm going to talk nicely to this thing every night before I plug it in to charge, and my fingers are crossed. Hopefully I've used up my Q bad luck and it'll be smooth sailing for here on out.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

bo
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

glad you managed to get a new one...good luck with it!!
  5. bridgmanyang

bridgmanyang New Member

Widerberg,

I'm on my FOURTH Q. The first one died after a week. Then the replacement worked beautifully until it sailed off the roof of my car going 65 mph. The third one was a dud but it worked for a month or so. Eventuallly, I got the same error message as you did. I wasn't surprised when it happened. It just didn't seem well. This one seems to be a good one - the good ones actually feel different from the bad ones - a bit more solid.

The best thing I did was get the insurance. Sprint has been great in replacing the phone.
  6. surround

surround New Member

problems with my q

Anyone have problems with the q acting all crazy? I have never had any problems, then this morning, I press the hard button for contacts, and it shows that I press the number 9. Then I hit the menu soft button, and it goes back to the home screen. I press up on the directional pad, and it presses the number 2. Its like some keys got remapped or something, but is totally acting screwy. Anyone experience this, or know what to do. I turned the phone on and off twice, and removed the battery and waited, but the same things keep happening.
  7. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Mine is what I would call slightly buggy. eVERY NOW AND THEN IT JUST RANDOMLY REBOOTS WHEN i AM NOT EVEN TOUCHING IT. sOMETIMES IT DOES SOMETHING ODD AND i HAVE TO REBOOT IT (sORRY... ACCI-CAPS LOCK) by pulling the battery.
    None of this bothers me. Nothing serious IMO. After all... it's WINDOWS what do you expect! :D As long as it doesn't BSOD, I'm happy with it.

Ex: the other day my ring tones just stopped working. I didn't know I even had a call until the missed call/VM beep sounded. Pull battery, and it worked fine afterwards.
  8. walltech1

walltech1 New Member

works great

My black Q from verizon has proved to be the most stable device I have ever used. I consider myself a true power user. 3rd party apps have caused me no problems. And the battery life as been to good to be true! I'm not sure what is happening with others:smile:
  9. 25bbmom

25bbmom New Member

Mine works. I don't have rebooting issues, battery issues, or any other issues. If I use it a lot, I expect that my battery won't be fully charged. So I charge it while I'm in the car or I'll plug it in when I get home. I think that SOME of the problems people have aren't really problems, they just don't know how to do what they want it to do. Like the thread about people returning their phones because of a volume problem when in fact it wasn't a problem, they just didn't know how to adjust it. I returned one Q because the "i" key didn't work. Other than that, I haven't had a problem with either one of my Q's. I was scared to exchange it because it worked so well and after reading about all of the problems, I thought the new one might not work as well. But it does! No problems with my Q!
  10. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

Yada, yada, yada...the vast majority of Qs work just fine. Every forum for every electronic device has reams of postings claiming that the product is a POS, including iPods, all types of Mac products, every phone imaginable. Its the inevitable hue and cry.
  11. Picasso ( ! )

Picasso ( ! ) New Member

Your probably right, it just sucks when it happens to you.

I'm on my 4th Q in 5 weeks! Alltel customer service at my location sucks.. always an hour in & out! Friday will be a whole week for this Q. If it makes it, I'm thinking of throwing a birthday for it on Sat. night.

I've had issues with my Macs, but atleast they know how to service the customer.
  12. Marvelous Merv

I have the sneaking suspition that there is something about smartphones that you are...just...not...getting...

I work in an organization where we have three dozen Qs and a couple of dozen Treos - and the number of units that have arrived DOA is zero. Zero. We REGULARLY see users with inadaquate training.

Bad units happen. And they are reported more frequently in user forums where people have specifically come to either LOOK for solutions, or atleast share their frustration. Its human nature. But the odds of getting two, three or MORE units that are non-functioning in sequence is ASTRONOMICAL, unless an entire shipment to your retail outlet was submerged in water for an extended period of time, struck by lightning, or were sabotaged by an angry store employee (all of which COULD happen).

The latest update (MR or MOL3) does wonders for memory management which was the single biggest issue with the Q - if you Q isn't working it may be lagging and you need to go into the Task Manager and execute a Kill All function - that should liven things up a bit...
  13. dub_nhiel

dub_nhiel New Member

Okay I just got off the phone with Sprint and literally lasted 1 hr and 10 mins. Just had my first Q for about 2.5 weeks and already DEAD! Was on phone and it froze. So took off battery and restart and all I get was the yellow SPRINT logo blinking off and on. Went to sprint store and "the techs" did was did master restart in which I already did that myself. Dam gotta not wait for sprint to send out another phone and be phone-less for couple of days. :angry:
  14. a.irish.griffin

a.irish.griffin New Member

Mine is working great with every mod I can put on it.
  15. beefums

beefums New Member

Its true, no one ever makes a post saying, "My Q is boringly reliable"
  16. Nibbler

Nibbler New Member

I am happy for those who have had no problems with their Q's, but as for me, I am completely disgusted. I know very little about electronic devices. I have no idea how to hack or use beta software. I have no idea what the capabilities of this device are. I have used it ONLY as a phone, nothing else. This is my second device in two weeks. I can't get past the Sprint logo. I have no other experience in my life where I have had to return a product over and over and over again. The tech at the Sprint store has verified that the device is broken and must be replaced.

I just cannot believe that this is to be viewed as normal.

thanks.
  17. Marvelous Merv

There is a Razr out there with your name on it.
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i don't know who you spoke with that said it's normal because it is not. secondly, a lot of Q owners who don't have issues are perhaps not on EQ so the numbers of satisfied and unsatisfied Q users could be crooked. i don't want to tell you what to do but if i was you i would exchange it for a new one..
  19. Guerrilla

Guerrilla New Member

Sounds like a RAZR would be more his style seeing as he seems to have no want or need to use the Q's functionality beyond that of a phone.

I agree with Rudeboy though. Go in and exchange it for another one. You'd be pleasantly surprised at what the Q can do if you just read a the manual and a few posts here on EQ. I know my girlfriend laughed and said she didn't want her phone to do anything but make calls, but after she saw my Q she started counting down the time to the end of her contract so she can switch and get one for herself.
  20. bjack56

bjack56 New Member

Same boat here Guerrilla, I just like fancy techie stuff..bought the Q thinking "man, I hope it's decent as a phone because I'll never use that calendar/email/web/appointment/tasks stuff, but I'll sure have a cool phone"

Was I wrong-I use it all. Quite a bit I might add. You'd never convince me to switch back to my Nokia 6265i.

Couldn't be happier. :thumbup: