Who wants Windows Mobile 6.1 added to the Q??

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by adma, Dec 4, 2007.

1. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I have a Mogul and we dont have thta damn update yet. There is a leaked beta verison of there that some guys at PPCgeeks.com have modified,but not a official release.

Not to mention Sprint didnt really want to give it. HTC helped alot with this because of the problems with their phones.

Sprint does give a damn. They didnt update the first gen. Q to WM6, wht makes you think they will give a update to 6.1?

After loosing more than what the company was worth last year, you would think they would be more helpful. I give it another 5 yrs and they could be bought out by Verizon.
  2. domer

domer New Member

Motorola's answer to my email

I e-mailed Motorola last week asking about WM6.1 and threaded text messaging. The following was their response:

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

We appreciate your request and also we apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced with your product.

Regarding your inquiry, text messaging is a carrier dependant feature and we do not have any official information about a threaded text messaging option on the phone. Also, the Operating System on the Q9c is Windows Mobile 6.0 and there is not an update available for the Q9c yet. If an update is posted on the web site, it will be to improve features and function on the phone but it will not upgrade the operating system of the device to version 6.1.

We really appreciate your interest in our brand and our products.

If you have further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to write us back or please contact our Mobile Devices Support Center at 1-800-331-6456.
    Our business hours are Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 10 PM CST and Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 6 PM CST.
    Thank you for allowing us to be of your assistance.

Thank you for choosing Motorola.

Motorola Email Support Team.
  3. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

So it sounds like Motorola won't be the one releasing the OS update. If anything, it will be something Sprint does.
  4. richardb85

richardb85 New Member

Actually I had to go to a Q9C training for Sprint, and we had a Motorola rep teaching us who actually had Windows Mobile 6.1 on his Q. He said it is in Beta and should be available to the public within a few months.
  5. baraltg

baraltg New Member

please dont tell me that this is some kind of guff or something
    because what you said right there is something pretty serious

gives me hope
  6. domer

domer New Member

Did you see evidence of threaded text messaging?!
  7. richardb85

richardb85 New Member

He did say there was threaded text messaging but he didn't show us any of the features of the 6.1 update... he was pretty much there to show us the regular features of the Q9C and just happened to mention that his phone was 6.1 because during his slideshow one of the menus on his phone looked different. I was thinking about emailing him and asking if there was any way I could be a beta tester as well, but people asked him during the training and he didn't really humor the idea.
  8. domer

domer New Member

Thanks for the additional info, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!
  9. indy2

indy2 New Member

awesome!!! this gets my hopes up
  10. miro

miro New Member

11. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

be hopeful? but didn't moto say its not happenin?
  12. igotaq

igotaq New Member

13. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

how far is that off from the q9c?

14. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

The Q9c is much more like the the Q9m on Verizon than the Q9h on AT&T.
  15. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Actually most of those screens make me want it less. Sure, the homepage looks cool like that, but for me at least, the whole point of the homescreen is to be able to look quickly and see all of my information at once, without having to hit any buttons. All that I really want with 6.1 is built-in threaded texting and copy/paste. (Although of course I assume custom screens will still work anyway.)
  16. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I agree with jhoff. I probably wouldn't use the special homescreen, as I really enjoy the amount of things that Facade can display on one screen. Even the threaded texting isn't that important to me, since I am used to seeing just incoming messages from my old Razr. Copy and paste would be great additions, but since I use Orneta Scissors, it isn't that important.

Overall, I would definitely download the update if it came out, but I'm not at the edge of my seat waiting for it.
  17. op12

op12 New Member

18. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

After having a q9c for a little longer, I really am hoping that we do get WM6.1 even though I doubt it, simply for integrated copy/paste and threaded text messaging.

While I'm on the subject, does anyone know if the WM6.1 update will finally separate email and texting into two different programs? It really doesn't make much sense the way it is now, in my opinion.
  19. miro

miro New Member

The rumor mill says that 6.1 is coming out on 4/1 (or its a cruel April Fool's joke. No details so far on carriers or phones. Are there any new devices coming out on April 1st that might be the reason for that specific date?
  20. 1oddmanout

1oddmanout Member

Yeah, like the 2nd updated Mogul ROM was so bad, that HTC had to remove it as an option, and the latest 3.35 ROM crashed my Mogul so bad, I'm now the proud owner of a Q9 (didn't want the offered Touch). I'm sure I'm gonna update to 6.1 when available, but will wait a while to listen to how it works for others.