Who wants Windows Mobile 6.1 added to the Q??

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by adma, Dec 4, 2007.

1. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Some of them were ok with it, the one guy I actually waited two years to tell. He was trying to gross be out by telling me that guinness is brewed in rotting meat. So I said Hey remember that steak you had in Lux? Yeah, it was horse...
    He doesn't try to gross me out any more.
  2. MildBill

MildBill New Member

I don't know the details of what it contains, but I do know that Motorola has an update on it's site for the Sprint Q1 even now. Someone with a Q1 should check it out and let the rest know...

MildBill

Closing comment for the record...

This is the thread that never ends,
    It just goes on and on my friends,
    Some people started it not knowing what it was,
    And now it goes on forever just because,
    This is the thread that never ends...........
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

No matter how much RB abuses that poor (tasty) horse it just doesn't stop...:laugh2:
    I don't see any WM6 upgrade for the Q1 listed on the Microsoft site (which is where I would look)
    The Motorola update for the Q1 is probably just another WM5 upgrade (since I don't have my Q1 anymore I can't test it for you)
    It seems that for now at least, the best (possibly only)way to get WM6 on your Q is to buy a new Q.
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

somebody mention beating a horse?

5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

hahaha is that the star wars kid beating the horse:tounge:
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

kinda looks like it... :}
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

its a part time thing to pay fo his therapy
  8. cfoy3

cfoy3 New Member

Thank you for the heads up...

I'm definitely in need of some more power from my data side... I had a Crackberry and I'm still craving it... HELP!!!
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hey, i heard that :}
  10. Spencer-Scott

Spencer-Scott New Member

Hey sorry im sure this has been asked and this is the quickest post i could find in search but how come they can make the upgrade for the dash and not the q arent they very similar to the same??? sorry if this is redundent (im at school cant search long) thx

*EDIT* and the blackjack i just dont understand but im also kinda programming illiterate
  11. chubs12385

chubs12385 New Member

not sure if this has been tossed out there yet (sorry, dont want to take the time to read 15 pages, haha)

ive been talking back and forth with the ecare people about the 6.1 update and they said theyre hoping for an update release around third quarter of this year
  12. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

long time away!
  13. chubs12385

chubs12385 New Member

yeah. by the time we get the update WM7 will be out, haha
  14. n99hockey

yea and then we will haev 1000 threads on...'why cant we upgrade to WM7'
  15. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

only 1000? i think you underestimate, my friend....
  16. n99hockey

very good point
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

speaking of dead horses... where's mike ?

potQ.
  18. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

I was trying to catch up on beauty sleep, pointless I know :tounge:
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ditto here.... so i gave up n it. good to see ya back i think :}

potQ.
  20. Echoes&Madness

Echoes&Madness New Member

Here's my opinion on the 6.1 upgrade....

If we get it.... great! I will more than likely upgrade...
    If not... oh well... The only real feature that I can see that I may find useful is threaded SMS.... Presonally, I don't send enough text messages in a day to not know what my previous conversation was about, so it doesn't bother me either way.

Now, being a technology junkie, I always like to have the latest version of something. But, I did make the choice to purchase the phone that I did with the software on it, and I understand that Sprint has no responsibility to release an update and I accept that...

On the other hand, if this allowed me to run PPC programs from this phone, I would be begging Sprint for it every day! I really HATE the fact that I cannot run Epocrates Essentials or MerckMedicus from my phone! Luckily Skyscape has a few programs that are useful, but nothing compares to Epocrates Essentials for their Labs and Differiential Diagnosis features and MerckMedicus is an awesome program as well!!!!