Who wants Windows Mobile 6.1 added to the Q??

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by adma, Dec 4, 2007.

1. danwo

danwo New Member

So... it's still a survey?
  2. ltravis7

ltravis7 New Member

I would love to speak with someone who really understands the Q and how to make certain apps. work. I just updated my phone, and lost all my text info. I am very involved with electronics, but I am not the best with understanding applications. I think up applications and depend on the next generation to figure out how to make it work.
  3. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

just for fun and sheer pleasure i tried to do the survey on my Q. Got tired of answering dumb questions about if i think the box it came in was nice and what not. Ended up sending a slightly bitter email.

next time I will just save some time and drive a sharp stick in my eye instead of trying to navagate a Sprint site from the Q :)
  4. Parout

Parout New Member

LOL!! I agree, I took the survey and Sprint was more concerned with how I liked the box and what my race was then getting to the section of finally asking a question. What morons. I am going to the Sprint store today to see if they will upgrade my phone to 6.1. I will keep everyone in the loop.
  5. Parout

Parout New Member

6.1 update

OK, here is the update after returning from the Sprint repair center/store. If you want to waste about 50 minutes of your day, go and ask for the upgrade. They can't do it contrary to what customer care will tell you via phone/email. They stated my phone has the latest update available.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

1) how much longer do you guys want this "stickied" ?

2) just thought about this, for months i am "hearing"/reading people wanting WM6.0 (however very few could explain what they think was wrong with WM5.0) and now the folks that actually have version 6 now want v6.1 ? (to me, kinda comical :}
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yea i hear you...
    ah well...

if you ask me i dont think it needs to be stickied anymore since well...nothing is coming of it or any 'real' information
  8. adma

adma New Member

First off, it's not even out yet. It comes out 1Q of 08. So it's impossible for Sprint to give it to you yet.

How can you know if anything is coming out of it?? We need to barage sprint with requests so that when Microsoft releases oit to the public in 1Q08, that Sprint will give it to us. Please leave this stickied. It takes up one line and has major enhancements for corporate users and many behind the scenes fixes. Just because we aren't saying much in the thread doesn't mean people aren't taking the advice and emailing Sprint. Thank you.
  9. xpherion

xpherion New Member

I agree with adma, we should keep this as sticky.
  10. Parout

Parout New Member

Agreed adma, there are some enhancements on 6.1 that I could use, not want. I use my phone within my business and would welcome the upgrade.
  11. danwo

danwo New Member

I agree with the fellas, keep it stickied. We have got to demand what is rightly ours as customers.

As for what RB said, or 99, about wanting WinMo6, now WinMo6.1 and it being comical, I hear what you are saying to some degree but-- I don't find this so much as begging or anything of the sort, but as a request for something that we are entitled to. Why are we entitled? Ask CompUSA.
  12. adma

adma New Member

I disagree...we arent entitled...however it would be a very nice gesture by Sprint to release winmo6.1

Americans feel so entitled these days :)
  13. n99hockey

you are not entitled to anything
    you purchased WM6...no where does it say you get ANY upgrades at all
  14. adma

adma New Member

Agreed. The purpose of this thread is to beg Sprint to death in the hopes that they release it to us. But you paid for WM6, thats what you are entitled too....We just really really want Wm6.1 :)
  15. danwo

danwo New Member

Perhaps entitle is the wrong word. Either way, y'all don't hear me.
  16. resinis

resinis New Member

i think sprint should give us 6.1 and then kiss each and every one of our asses for selling us 'phones' when they really are nothing more then a pain in the ass themselves.
  17. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

bottom line is, you paid for a phone and service on the network. Im quite sure someplace in that ultra fine print on the contract it spells out in clear lawyer terms what we are entitled to. I seriously doubt Sprint will kiss anything except the payment you make. An OS upgrade would be nice, but the phone is "functional" as is, so it may be a low priority for them.

beg/plead/request an OS update, but not demand one

/ my .02 worth :)
  18. n99hockey

so then switch carriers
  19. resinis

resinis New Member

i will. in two years ill probably go back to t-mobile. they have updates on their software. they are cool.
  20. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

get what we paid for? lol, i didn't pay for chit! my phone was free and clear just like my plan!