Who wants Windows Mobile 6.1 added to the Q??

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by adma, Dec 4, 2007.

1. adma

adma New Member

Who wants Windows Mobile 6.1 added to the Q?? It's up to us to pressure sprint!

It's up to us to bother Sprint to push it out to us!

For all those that are interested. Windows has released Windows Mobile 6.1! Some enhancements include:

* Copy / Paste (finally!)
    * Domain Enroll in Settings (Enrolling in a domain will connect your device with company resources.)
    * New home screen (pan left and right to check out missed calls, notifications like email, sms, etc.)
    * Change Master Security Code
    * Added text input settings
    * Recent Programs when pressing Start menu
    * Threaded SMS!
    * When you compose an email, or SMS, and start typing the name of the contact in the "To:" field, the contact names finally pop up like Windows Mobile Professional!
    * Internet Explorer now lets you define a homepage, and also zoom in and out using a nice and clean interface

Anyway, if you are interested in getting this functionality added to your WM6 device, we need to petition Sprint to add this. It is up to the carrier to release updates to the users, we cannot directly download from Windows...we need an official Sprint ROM. So please email ecare if you want this!! Sprint ecare: ecare1@cc.sprintpcs.com

Sample Email
    Here is the article: http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/03/windows-mobile-6-1-gets-pictured-detailed/

*Edit* Here is some updated info!
    • Task Manager now shows CPU usage as a whole, and also lists it by process
    • Internet Explorer offers 6 zoom modes and copy / paste functionality
    • IE also uses a new font, which looks worlds better
    • ActiveSync will now try to automatically configure your Exchange settings once you enter an email address
    • Wi-Fi indicator in the status bar, just as in Windows Mobile Professional
    • New "Vista" home screen and theme
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/12/05/windows-mobile-61-did-you-catch-it/

****UPDATE PLEASE SUBMIT THIS SURVEY!****
    ALL, please take this survey by SPRINT about the Q9C. On the final page, you can write how Windows Mobile 6.1 is very important to us! Please take the survey!!!

http://labs.sprint.com/sprintphonesurvey

Need some Encouragement??
    Here is a response from eCare to one of our forum members, OP12 (multiple members have reported receiving the same email!).
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

* begins to hold breath for Sprint to do anything except bill me "
  3. adma

adma New Member

lol, I guess that means you won't email them in petition?
  4. remlle

remlle New Member

I wanted it simply for the threaded SMS. I miss that from my treo. I know extreme text does it but the system wont go to it by default I want that bad. I need it and miss it so much
  5. danwo

danwo New Member

An OS upgrade, from Sprint? Good luck with that.
  6. adma

adma New Member

Well people complained about the Mogul, and Sprint has and is releasing ROM's for it. It takes the community to tell Sprint to do something about it.
  7. there is an option to make it default to extremetxt.
  8. seamnky

seamnky New Member

i would love threaded sms!!!!
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

so then check out Extreme Text

www.birdsoft.biz
  10. Most useful app on my phone!!!
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no kidding same here

i find it so funny that people are DYING for this app. Birdsoft creates and everyone complains that its not good enough or there are little tiny things wrong that they wont buy it until its perfected. really!? ok so it doesnt default to your text program with 1 click...i open it up everytime i get a text...not really a burden...but hey thats me.
    a great software developer has answered the call and created the 'most wanted app' and people arent happy with it becuase it doesnt have 1 little thing that THEY wanted in it..there are thousands of people at EQ all wanting different things...i think he did a great job
    and who is to say that the MS threaded software in WM6.1 is going to be better!? can you call MS and have them add features and release upgrades in a timely manner? NO...

this isnt a shot at anyone in this thread or in particular...just a general statement

/rant over
  12. adma

adma New Member

I know you say this isn't a shot. So, I am not taking it as such.

However, extremetext doesn't play well with my corporate email. And even if it was perfect, there is something nice to having a feature inherently built into an OS. It's something that microshaft should have done the first time around, and the fact that they are adding it and I don't have to pay anything for it...is just nice. I have nothing against extremetxt; I just want this function natively installed on my device.
  13. adma

adma New Member

Does this even work for you guys? I have that option selected in settings, but even after I restarted, when I click text messages on the home screen, it goes to the default app :(
  14. Just to clarify.....threaded sms comes preinstalled on wm pro.
  15. billindelicato

billindelicato New Member

uh...no it doesn't, I have a mogul with "win mo 6.0 pro" and had to use a hacked version of the treo threaded app.
  16. it comes with wm on the treo. maybe it was wm 5, but I know it comes on the treo 500 and was available for the 700 series.
  17. billindelicato

billindelicato New Member

that's not a win mo feature...but more of a treo feature that was originally released with the treo 750 and modified for the 700
  18. thanks for clarifying.
    With the treos, its hard to tell where palm stops and microsoft begins.
  19. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

Threaded SMS, what took MS so long

The iPhone is finally getting Microsoft to step up its game. Don't get me wrong, I love my Q9M is perfect for me now that I have tricked it out. But, it’s one thing to add games and other applications that are specific to my lifestyle (guidebooks for travel, pocket English to French translators, currency and measurement conversions, atlas, Audible.com player, cookbooks). It’s quiet another to have to add the basics. Why should I have to pay extra to get stuff that should already be on the phone like a good calendar, sms threader, good music player (Windows Media Player is resource hogging garbage)? Palm hasn’t been updated in 100 years and it still does this stuff better than Windows (PocketTunes is standard on the Centro). Hopefully, this Windows Mobile 6.1 update is a prelude of more to come.
  20. adma

adma New Member

Totally agree. These features should be added and will be. Now email ecare and request that sprint push it out! :)