Who uses mail2web?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by LuvrGirl, Mar 19, 2008.

1. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Who uses mail2web?

Anybody here who has the Q9h and is using the mail2web?

Please help me out... I have a few questions... and I haven't really been able to find answers on their site.

Here's some questions:

1. I signed up for the free account and it has activesync with direct push... so what exactly does that mean? It says I have to download a configuration file and run it from my Q, what is that going to do?

2. I currently have my Q's messaging/email checking 2 AOL accounts every 4 hours, will this configuration file that I have to download & install mess up or interfere with my current setup?

3. Also, it says my phone will get a SMS message that automatically tells it when I have new email... so is this going to be setup like another email account showing on my messaging/email screen on the Q?

4. I dont like the web access feature so I want to setup the account on my home pc using outlook I have to get the paid service of $4.95 to have pop/imap access for outlook 2003 to retrieve my mail right?

Is this the way to go for what I want to do? Basically, I have 2 AOL accounts that my Q checks every 4hrs and that is perfect for what I use those for. I have 1 personal ISP email account that needs direct push for instant email retrieval and that is the one I'm trying to setup with mail2web. I want to be able to send/receive email from that ISP email account using my Q, with instant (direct push) receiving. Then I want to be able to go home and access the same ISP email account using my comp's outlook 2003 software and be able to see the same email that's on my Q (whether I sent or received from the Q, kinda like IMAP where it keeps all the emails synced).

Did I make sense?

~maria
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

did you search ? i did a quick search on just mail2web and got 113 hits minus one which was your post :}
  3. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

of course i did :smile:

I read thru almost all of them and couldn't find answers to my questions... I think they're a little more detailed... the posts have more general type of info.

~maria
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh okay.... don't they (mail2web) have a forum or tech support that maybe can help you ?

potQ.
  5. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

1. Activesync means the mail2web server can sync your contacts, email, and calendar over the air just as activesync on your pc can sync your pc with your Q. Direct push means you will get your emails as soon as it arrives on their server.
    I set up mine manually so I never used their configuration file. Can't help you there.

2. You should forward 1 of your 2 AOL account emails to your mail2web account so it will get pushed to your Q. You can then delete the setup on your Q that checks the AOL server every 4 hours. If you really want 3 email accounts I guess you could get another AOL account and forward that to mail2web. I believe the Q can have 1 exchange account (in this case that would be the mail2web account) in addition to multiple pop/imap accounts.

3. On some implementations of push email on windows mobile required an sms message but not with the Q9h.

4. You don't need to pay anything if you never give out your mail2web email address. When you set up the AOL account to forward to mail2web use the option to keep a copy on the server. Then, set up that AOL account on your pc outlook 2003. When you start outlook on your pc it will bring all the copies of the AOL emails that were left on the AOL server to your pc. These emails are the same as the ones that have forwarded to your mail2web account and pushed to your Q.
  6. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Thanks!!!!

Thank you ptlee8202!!!! I really appreciate you taking the time out to respond!

~maria :smile:
  7. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

I setup my mail2web.com email account and I setup ActiveSync on my WM6 phone as per the instructions on their website. Everything works great and I get my email immediately on my Q, however, I only receive "Plain Text" email messages. When I go try and change it, under messaging, outlook email account highlighted, options, account settings, the option to change to HTML email is greyed out (unavailable). When I go under ActiveSync, options, highlight the email option and hit settings, the option is available and I change it to HTML email but for some reason it doesn't stick/save because I test it right after and it still receives plain text.

Any ideas?

~maria
  8. zenkinz

zenkinz New Member

I believe there's some setting control over at the exchange server side to suport HTML or text messaging.
  9. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

I just figured it out, mail2web's services on the free mail2web live and Personal Exchange accounts are on a exchange server 2003 which does NOT support HTML email messages for ActiveSync. I would need to upgrade to their Business Exchange which is on a exchange server 2007 for me to receive HTML email messages for ActiveSync!

Sucks! =(

~maria