Who lives without Facade?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Tony Bag o Donuts, Nov 19, 2007.

1. buzzzqwert

buzzzqwert New Member

I use it primarily as a program launcher. I use quite a few different programs and have two rows of icons displayed that allow me to instantly open a program and because the icons are in a fixed position I know exactly where they are. This is much faster than going to Start and looking through all of the programs to find what I want to open. I don't notice any difference in speed.
  2. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

I have it beacuse it allows me to access more features right from my screen. I have my Schedule, Tasks, Contact Dialer, and Frequently used links, and weblinks, right from my homescreen.

It makes access quicker and easier.

It also allows for a cleaner and more open screen that's easier to read.

Then again, I have personally and heavily customized my homescreen.
  3. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I used Facaded on my Q and I liked it alot better than any other PIM program I tried. But since Facade is only for smartphones, I now use MohairSofa Calendar+ with Today Plugin. The only reason I used Facade was to get my weekly calendar on my homescreen. Calendar+ does the same thing with out all the extra, that I didn't need.
  4. byronandcrystal

byronandcrystal New Member

I downloaded and tried the trial today. Nothing I have seen so far seems to be my cup of tea, or anything that I neccesarily need. I also noticed today that it has had a negative effect on my phone. It froze on me twice ( mine has never froze) and is defeinitely slower.
  5. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

I tried it but have to ask those that live by it...What is it that makes Facade worth buying that would be more useful than simply editing XMLs?

I have a couple ideas, but want to hear from those that may know more about it.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

its much more than that...allows for multiple screens on the homescreen...for example on my homescreen i can have months of calendar appts/all my tasks/and 12 quick apps...this would require me to scroll and scroll and scroll through my homepage to get it to do this...this condenses everything
  7. bann3d

bann3d Member

To me it's just another app running in the background slowing down already limited ram. like i said before I like to keep my phone slim and running as fast as possible, with little or nothing running in the background. Facade to me in like Windowblinds for an OS. Lots of bells and whistles. If I need to see my calendar, or tasks, I hit start, calendar and scroll. I need to see tasks same thing, I have 10 progs on my task bar, if I need to use one not on it, which is hardly ever the case, I go into the start menu and scroll to it, which takes all of two seconds. All facade is to me is a ram sucking gui app. it takes a lot longer to reset your phone and wait for it to reboot (which it seems some people have had to do) than it is to do anything without it. just not for me. seems a lot of people put a lot of stuff on their phones just to have it that they hardly ever use. for example, all of these flashlight apps. I mean how often are you going to be needing to use your Q as a bloody flashlight? and if you do, you you really need a quick start for it on you start screen, or a seperate app for it? click the cam Q, turn on flash (if it already isnt) and VOILA a flashlight. I dunno if you feel you use this stuff a lot then by all means go for it, I just dont like a bunch of crud on my phone I never use, jsut to have it.

/end rant
  8. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Facade did look good to me, but ultimately I felt that maybe it didn't offer me my personal preferences or needs. That coupled with my problems with SmartToolkit, I think I'm better off doing what I have done......that was to edit a layout XML to my personal needs...

Now if I can re-organize my start menu in the grid look, I'd be all set for now.
  9. Bramsy

Bramsy New Member

i do NOT use it and will probably never use it.. the only app that i have ever thought of paying for was Papyrus.. there are plenty of free homescreens that keep me happy to not worry about it... if i were to get it i would get fiizz too, but since i refuse to $hell out the dineros for a data package i dont use facade
  10. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

I like Facade for alot of reasons but mainly because it organizes your homescreen and gives it a clean and professional look. With Facade and Smartoolkit I can access any one of my 50 or so apps with just a few clicks. No scrolling through long menus for me. :2cool:

But in the end, it just looks so damn good wouldn't you agree...

[​IMG]
  11. sanity

sanity New Member

Just got it on my Q - WOWWWW!!!!!:laugh2:
  12. agreed.
    again, wondering if its a need or a luxury.
  13. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Definitely a luxury but I need my luxuries. Over the course of the last year I have added a lot of paid software as I thought I didn't need not could afford all that I finally ended up with.

Started with a 3rd party PIM (Agenda One), PDANet and Smartphonenotes. A few months later I added Facade, Qtasks, Pocket DVD Wizard and then a Slingbox. In the summer I added Sprite Backup then Qcaps and finally Profimail.

Those listed and about 40 other free apps are definite needs for me now.

BTW thanks for starting this thread. The more we share our individual choices and reasons the better we can decide what's best for us. When I was first setting up my Q, I would note the programs that the more experienced Q users had installed then both google them and search and read the forums. Finally I would try and either keep or discard. Amazing what this little device will do. My only complaint is the battery life in a weak signal area but I'll live with it until there is a Mogul type device as thin as the Q.
  14. Lucky13MN

Lucky13MN New Member

You could say the same about the Q itself, couldn't you?

15. Touche!!!

True, it is a luxury, but its justifiable.
  16. piranah

piranah New Member

I have Facade, its nice to put the tasks on there, so when going shopping, can easily see what i need to buy. the calendar is nice because i can see if im missing class or what days i have to work quickly and with just a simple click...
    But i mainly have it because i am a GEEK:laugh2: and the more cool, interesting, customizable, and fun stuff i can have on my phone to play around with, the better...
  17. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

My name is KOOLWATER... and I'm a geek too. :2cool:
  18. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

My name is TarHeelsRule! and I'm a geekette!:tounge:
  19. Prosper

Prosper New Member

HEEEELLOOOO GEEEEEEKS ! :tounge:
  20. piranah

piranah New Member

Prosper, you might have us beat. How old are you now, 16? :wink: