Who is still on their *First* Q?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by qwho, Aug 15, 2007.

1. motoqnoob

motoqnoob New Member

Its my FIRST! since September 2007:thumbup: , Moto Q8 was first launch here in the philippines late August 2007, a little bit late huh :laugh2:, if it were launch earlier i probably have it earlier too!
  2. DAB

DAB New Member

I am really jinxing myself but.... I've had my "Q" for about 8months. I say jinx because for all of 2006 I went through six phones .... pretty expensive habit.:embarassed:
  3. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Maybe there should be a sub thread to this one, that is How many times have you had to do a Master Reset or Hard reset to get your phone working again? (not including MOL updates)
  4. KCfour20

KCfour20 New Member

im about to do my first master reset, and ive only had it for a week :(
  5. motoqnoob

motoqnoob New Member

dont worry your not alone ive dont it already 3times in about 1 1/2 weeks :laugh2:, just post your problem in the right threads (much better if you can search first) and im sure the experts will help you :2cool:
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that does not necessarily mean there is something wrong with the device.. often the problem lays between the keyboard and the back of the chair :}

(i have a print out of that quote hanging in my office :}
  7. KCfour20

KCfour20 New Member

yeah no the phone was like this when i got it i dont know why it has this issue, info is in other thread i started
  8. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Right on Bro....had to Master Reset a few times in the early days but haven't done one in eight months and I still keep adding stuff and tinkering.
  9. dima

dima New Member

Still on my first VZW Q after a year and hoping it lasts another coz I don't want a Q9M. Updated to MOL2 but not MOL3 yet. Strangest thing though... I had to master reset every 30 days or so to keep this trial program I use working but after I finally BOUGHT it I found I didn't have to MR the phone any more :laugh2::laugh2:
  10. K3MPO

K3MPO New Member

First Q have had NO Issues with it.
  11. SingBar

SingBar New Member

On my first, but I've only had mine for about a month. *Crossing Fingers*
  12. oddllama

oddllama New Member

had my Q for almost 8 months now and have done only one hard reset and that wasn't even needed (didn't realize my programs weren't working because my sd card wasn't secure after dropping it.). my " has even survived being pulled apart and painted 4 times. I'm on alltel, is there a trend amongst carriers?
  13. For the most part, expect to use it like a phone. You can set some appts with it. You can look at some stuff on the web, however it's limited. I do like the Live program. I was stuck in Houston for a few days, it allowed me to find out what was around the hotel I was at. I use it for directions from time to time, when I don't want break out the laptop, with my gps program. This is not to say I get as good directions on it. I don't use it for email, as my laptop is always within reach. I'm not sure of what else it will do, as I really haven't tried to delve too deep into it, as I am quite unsure what I can make it do, without problems.
  14. K3SRK

K3SRK New Member

I use mine as an internet-enabled device first, phone second. Sometimes I carry my other phone to use for voice. The Q isn't all that great as just a phone.
  15. piranah

piranah New Member

Still on my first Q:smile:. Have done probably 5 master resets (couldnt get the start menu background changed correctly). Have had it for almost a year. numerous hacks, drops, and it even made it two weeks in the Minnesota woods when I was there for training. What the bad part is is that my home pc is about 5 years old, so my Q runs circles around my home pc
  16. casemods

casemods New Member

What's ur desktop's specs?

My specs are sempron 3100+ with 2x512 ddr pc 3200 ram and it's a lot faster then the Q, but that's probably because I have loads of stuff on the Q