Who is still on their *First* Q?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by qwho, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Aries

Aries New Member

on my first and loving it so far...switched form treo 700wx to q....i hear ya on the brick...i dont miss my treo AT ALL...cept mabye the touch screen...
  2. ttboy44

ttboy44 New Member

Still going

had the q for 6 months. 0 issues. battery has been great. 18 hrs on somewhat heavy days. been very pleased.

Gone threw both updates and only lost the email accounts but set them back up and had saved all emails on memory card so no issue, just had to change email names.

hopefully will continue.
  3. Aries

Aries New Member

whut are these 'updates' i keep reading about??and how do you get them??or should i??i keep reading that people that have done this start having problems soon after?
  4. ttboy44

ttboy44 New Member

If your a Sprint customer than got to Moto web set and can update your Q if you decide. Or search the forum and there are a few threads with detailed instructions. GL
  5. Aries

Aries New Member

im on Sasktel up here in canada...and after looking aorund i cant find anything about updates?

my carrier doesnt even come up in the list of carriers for the update...lol..i found it on a motorola page....says your phone must be updated if you dont see your carrier in this list...which i didnt...thats kinda why i was asking whut the update contains so i can see if i have it or not or if theres a way of knowing.
  6. razgr1z

razgr1z New Member

I've had mine since Feb '07...only over the last 2 months or so have I really started to enjoy this phone. I might not upgrade for awhile, this thing suits me just fine.
  7. casemods

casemods New Member

Can this PLEASE be a sticky?

(Removing the card while the Q is on)

I used to do it but I won't anymore.
  8. JetMech

JetMech New Member

Still on first one...maybe 4 months now. Ran flawlessly then I started getting some of the troubles I've read about on here. Not deleting texts(had to delete recent calls first for some reason..) Not charging...battery life dropping off. All in all its been great and I love how you can customize it. I would love to get the new Q9 when it comes out for Alltel. Overall I'd say I'm pretty pleased with it!
  9. jeff1974w

jeff1974w New Member

not me

im on my 5th q in 5 months! the other 4 were silver, and my current one is black! the black one seems to work much better than the silver for some reason???????
  10. JetMech

JetMech New Member

I wish I had a silver Q. The greyish color is too boring...
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

honestly, making this entire thread a sticky because of one post in, don't think that would work... and fyi i pulled out my sd a few times w/ the phone on w/ no problems. lastly, i don't see this potential problem come by that often (or people are not admitting to it :}
  12. casemods

casemods New Member

I'm just saying, make a sticky or add to the FAQ, just to be on the safe side.
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

we are still planning on making (or updating) a good FAQ and we will discuss input like this.. thanks.
  14. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

I still have my Black Q that came with MOL2 and updated it to the last MOL update available. No issues and it has been my best pdaphone I have had.
  15. Frozengeek

Frozengeek New Member

Still on my first Q, going strong for 6 months now and loving it. Much better than the old Treo 650 I had.
  16. KCfour20

KCfour20 New Member

lol funny thing, i had to replace my first Q the same day i bought it. the damn charging mechanism in the phone broke and it wouldnt charge the phone anymore. they replaced it on warranty but still i was shocked ;o\
  17. winotree

winotree New Member

April 07--Sprint Gray--MOL2--Original phone, battery. Could not be more pleased in an electronic device!!

It is true I had to do two hard resets due to squirrely (beta) software--which was my fault for installing at all--but the device is great; it does all I ask and then some.
  18. KCfour20

KCfour20 New Member

well i have to say i am pleased with my q however there is a few things i dont like, especially the fact that the text dissapears in most programs i still cant figure it out been huntin forums for days

-on the Q
  19. milamaxxx

milamaxxx New Member

Im still on my 1st Q. Got it in July 06, through Verizon-whom Ive been with since Aug 2000. Its working fine, just a lil beat up. Downloaded various apps and games, plus use a 4gb card--although its slow accessing the storage card. Was faster with the 2g card.
    Im eligible for early upgrade and was thinkin abt getting the Q9M. Or I can wait til May 08, when my contract is officially up, and see whats available then. But i like the Q and am EXTREMELY tempted to get the Q9M within the next month.
  20. m3g4tr0n

m3g4tr0n New Member

im still on my first Q. its been a year and 2 months. someone said this before, looks pretty beat up but it still runs like a champ!