Who is still on their *First* Q?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by qwho, Aug 15, 2007.

1. walltech1

walltech1 New Member

Black Verizon Q, had it since Feb. Works flawlessly-0 problems.
    The only one that this forum has brought to my attention is that I have terrible battery life. I did'nt know it until I was told that it should last longer than a full day of heavy use?
    But I'm content.
  2. nags

nags New Member

I had my first one for less than 24 hours. I don't even remember it lol
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

then we wont count it! :tounge:
  4. nags

nags New Member

Sounds fair to me. So that puts me on #2 instead of #3 and I'll be picking up #3 tommorow instead of #4 lol
  5. Bat9th

Bat9th New Member

These phones have that big of a problem? Makes me nervous of getting one.
  6. PNut

PNut New Member

It depends on how 'friendly' you are when you use it. If you remember that the unit is not a little laptop and don't treat it as one, you should have good luck with it.

I have had the same Q since September of last year. MOL3. I have had my share of problems, but the people on here have been great in helping me solve them. The Q hasn't been as much trouble as my last Treo.

That being said, as soon as Verizon pushes out new smartphones, I am likely abandoning the Q. I will give some consideration to the new Q9c, but only after I see some favorable reviews.
  7. Bat9th

Bat9th New Member

What do you mean- don't treat it like a laptop?
  8. PNut

PNut New Member

I mean have expectations that you can use it like a little computer. It isn't designed to be a word processor, create spreadsheets, replace your mp3 player, play movies, handle all your email, etc.

Installing a lot of 3rd party software will not help matters and will likely hinder the unit's performance.

Make sure that you understand the limitations of the device before you try to exploit its features.
  9. Bat9th

Bat9th New Member

Gotchya, but wouldn't these issues be more tied with just lemons than over working it?
  10. PNut

PNut New Member

You would think.

According to Verizon's Technical Data Services folks, the problems I have had have primarily been associated with using the unit for more than it was initially designed. They said that the enterprise version of the Q would have been a better choice for me, whatever that means. I may explore the new Q9c when it comes out, but I don't know if it will solve my problems.
  11. donnykc

donnykc New Member

Im on my first. had it almost 3 months. all the problems i had i managed to fix myself by researching on here. i mostly use it for emailing and browsing the web. but it has great features compared to the i930 i had with nextel. but i needed a more user friendly smart phone. is wish they would make a hybrid version of the Q so i could use my d.c. still...
  12. Sheri

Sheri New Member

Same here!:wacko:
  13. jeff2jay

jeff2jay New Member

I am still on first Q, but needed a new battery day after purchase of phone
  14. Guerrilla

Guerrilla New Member

Still on my first Q here. (Knock on wood)

A few glitches here and there, but Alltel and Motorola tell me they're fixed with MOL3, but they haven't reoccurred for a while now. Alltel just needs to fix Active Sync OTA syncing with Exchange :tounge:
  15. carlg

carlg New Member

Still have my first Q (since last october) and she's still running like a Swiss Watch. About the only thing in the way of performance improvements i've made on mine, is the extended battery and a memory card. Otherwise, no major gripes.
  16. AB Boater

AB Boater New Member

My wife and I are both still using our first Q's. We purchased them 8 months ago. MOL3 fixed the problems we were having.
  17. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Still on my first Q (knock on wood)...:tounge:.
  18. dmont

dmont New Member

This is my 1st Q and I've used it since Dec. BUT, it's starting to reboot while downloading websites. HHhhhmmmmm.......
  19. ducs9999

ducs9999 New Member

Still on my first Q as well and use it since almost a year. (Knock on wood)
  20. MaleskiQ

MaleskiQ New Member

i'm still on my first Q. it seems i can run for months with no issues... then all of a sudden, BANG, it won't receive or let me answer calls or won't charge. a soft reset generally takes care of the issues but it's still stupid that these issue got by the manufacturer.