Who is still on their *First* Q?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by qwho, Aug 15, 2007.

1. qwho

qwho New Member

Who is still on their *First* Q?

I am probably jinxing myself here, but it has been about a year now, and I am still on the same Q...:foot:

Anyone else have my kind of luck?

/even updated to Mol2
    //not gonna go to Mol3 though...
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

ditto...first one here
    (knock on wood)
    had it since Feb with zero MOL updates...
  3. K3SRK

K3SRK New Member

I'm on my first. It was flawless until MOL3. :tounge:
  4. johnwashere

johnwashere New Member

I should be but I think I fried the memory card reader. I was taking the memory card in and out while the phone was still on (not sure if i should do this). So I went to sprint yesterday and they ordered me a repacment.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

*raises quiet hand*

did update to MOL3 about ~2 months ago.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

uh oh...i have done this before...
    (note to self...dont do this again) :laugh2:
  7. bigdave72

bigdave72 New Member

Still on my 1st Q . . . .since March.

BTW, I wasn't aware you weren't supposed to remove and replace the memory card with the phone on. Is this true? I've done so a few times but I pretty much leave mine in anyway. It would be quite a PITA to have to power it off every time.
  8. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

im still on my first Q after about a year. it looks pretty beat up but runs like a champ.
  9. sulster

sulster Active Member

I'm still on my first Q!
  10. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I've read a couple of times that you shouldn't. I used to in the early days,but I now power down. Not a problem as I don't change cards frequently. May only be a problem if you have your programs on it. Still better off being safe. I was only worried about the card but from the above post, sounds like it could fry the Q side.
  11. bigdave72

bigdave72 New Member

Thanks Doc. A mighty good little detail to be made aware of!
  12. motoxkid478

motoxkid478 New Member

ive had my q for about 6 months and no major problems. happy with it for now but dunno what the uture will bring.
  13. jovel16

jovel16 New Member

I'm on my 2nd Q right now which I consider my first because I originally got a silver Q back in late May because my cingular plan was expiring and I was shopping around for a new phone. As soon as I laid my eyes on the Q, I just bought in an instant. I paid $200 for the phone. I found out that verizon gives out a special discount to business customers because I work for a major electronics retailer. I found out that I can get the Black Q for $99 if I got it online through their business website and they would waive the activation fee. I went back to the verizon store where I bought mu silver Q and told them I wanted to return it because I could get a better deal through online. After some time, the verizon rep spoke with their manager and told me that they can offer me the same phone and deal. So I left the store with a brand new black Q with a discount on the plan! So I believe that I'm still on my first Q!
  14. q-rocks

q-rocks New Member

First Q here. Still running original software from Motorola original Q release. Works fine. My theory is the "if it ain't broken" one. Plus I can still tether for free!!!!!!
  15. qwho

qwho New Member

I wasn't expecting so many responses... From what I read around the forum it seemed like everyone here was on their 3rd or 4th Q at least...

:2cool:
  16. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

Still on first Q...did the update from 1 to 2...then from 2 to 3...purrs like a kitten...

I seems that performing a backup and a master reset BEFORE applying any MOL updates is the way to go if u want to avoid problems.
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you are correct... they way i see it though; more people post to talk about down sides or defective Q's then they do when they have a Q that just works, check out many of the first post of new users is because of problem(s) they have w/ the Q.

i'm surely not alone but i joined because i was buying a Q...
  18. MoWorse

MoWorse New Member

1st Q

I've only had mine a month and zero problems. I too was concerned hearing about all the problems and was wondering if and when mine was going to die. So many individuals have indicated they had their's for a day, week, or month before having to get a new one I've been holding off using it as a power user waiting for something bad to happen. I'm glad to see individuals who have had their Q for a long time without major problems. My concern is if the Q came out in 2004/5 (correct??) are there individuals with a couple of years or longer on the same Q?
  19. antharr

antharr New Member

Still on my first Q here also. I have had it since March (knock on wood!). Also on MOL2.
  20. rickyrick1984

rickyrick1984 New Member

ON MY 4TH. I think if i have to get another one I will call it quits, but I would hate to go back to a treo, I never liked carrying a BRICK in my pocket.