Who is ordering an HTC Trophy on Verizon on May 26th?

Discussion in 'HTC Trophy' started by chris, May 19, 2011.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

2. Aximtreo

Aximtreo Member

Me. With my new every two $30 credit, it will end up costing me $119. Not bad for an entry level phone.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Just FYI, If not in a hurry, I'd check Amazon. They may not have it at release date, but once they have it, probably a month later, they usually undercut the carrier pricing. I always get my new phones from them. Got my Surround for a penny.
  4. chris

That seems to be the trend. BestBuy, at times, can also offer aggressive pricing. $149 is an odd price point. Not many mid-tier priced phones.
  5. ReginaldHW050877

ReginaldHW050877 New Member

I can only use Alltel in my rural area. Any news on when it will be available for Alltel (since VZW owns it)?

I actually started a thread on this.

Thanks for all of your help,
    R:)
  6. chris

Familiar, but not familiar with Alltel. What's been the pattern with adding phones that are available through Verizon? Do they offer the same product line?
  7. ReginaldHW050877

ReginaldHW050877 New Member

Hi Chris,

They sometimes have some product line overlap, but the products change names and some design features. One particular example I saw was the Motorola Droid X. After it came out for Verizon, not too much longer...maybe a few weeks...Alltel started selling something called the Motorola Milestone X. It looked almost like the Droid X, except for more plastic. Supposedly read somewhere that Alltel could not use the name "droid" because it was associated with Verizon logo products only.

I'm just a newbie, so I hope that explanation makes some sense.

Appreciate you:)
    R:)