Who else works nights?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TarHeelsRule!, Mar 28, 2008.

1. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Who else works nights?

I know weapondrift does, any other 3rd shifters out there trying to stay awake? Or people like Cheri, who suffer from insomnia?
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Yo, just tryin to get me kid to go to sleep...
  3. piranah

piranah New Member

well i work 3-9 some nights...but have never and will never be a morning person....i usually head to bed around 1-2 am....even when the lady next to me at night needs to get up at 6....ill wake up to her alarm....and take a nap when she leaves...
    but morning people and people who work a 9-5 are just weird to me....i worked a 7 to 3 job once, for two months...it seems the people never did anything fun or exciting, went home, had dinner and were done....i worked second shift that was the best...go into work at 3, get off at 11 drink from the time we got off till 6 or 7 am...then go to bed and get up for work...good times...
    ..i would drink a 2 liter of dew to stay awake in the morning....couple times i would make the 4 hr drive from kansas city starting at 3 am and literally drive into work...thats the only way i could function, if i was up the whole night....i begged to be put back onto an evening shift....needless to say they were happy to get me out of the am slot....
  4. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I actually work both days and nights. 7 days and 7 nights. I much prefer the nights cause there is noone else upstairs but me and I don't have to pretend to be nice. :tounge:

This is my 1st night after being off for the last 7 days and I didn't get much sleep today so I will really be dragging in a few hours.
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i dont have night shifts i just work on projects for my firm i do on the side...
  6. cheri

cheri Active Member

Actually the sleep has been good lately. Very good, I do have a tendancy to wake during the night so I will come check things out when I am up for a while.
  7. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

*hears my name being called* :smile:
  8. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

I miss working my 3 - midnight job sometimes. Was pretty nice. Also kinda miss working at the liquor store in NJ. Worked afternoons, except Sundays did open to close then. But was nice there, got in at 3 and out at 10. Never have been a morning person, even though I'm now working at a school and have to be up early. Probably the only thing my boss really dislikes about me, how I'm often late for work. Esp. on Mondays. I try my best, but I'm an insomniac and can't fall asleep till 3 or 4 am. And I'm not as young as I once was and the 3 hours of sleep are getting rough to run on.
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

You do realize that I am stepping on your head?
  10. piranah

piranah New Member

kinky.(ten letter crap)
  11. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

dang it Piranah! thats just what i was thinking! :tounge:
  12. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

speaking of the overnighter... *yawns* goodnight all i am so gonna enjoy my sleep. I think sleeping is one of my biggest happinesses. :laugh2:
  13. cheri

cheri Active Member

nighters weapondrift :)
  14. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

goodnight "bootstraps" roflmao (think is secretly sexy as hell)
  15. cheri

cheri Active Member

lol bootstraps that is pretty nice.
    get to bed before u get punished.
  16. cindra

cindra Active Member

Hubby works night shift, and I work second. We're not morning people, that's for sure!
  17. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

<- hates mornings, altho there have been times when I had to stay awake all day...not fun, not fun at all. Delerium sets in around 5 (at least for me it does)
  18. cheri

cheri Active Member

lol weapondrift when does my delirium set in? jk
  19. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Weapon do you have a hard time sleeping during the day? Does your room have to be dark before you can get a good sleep?

I know for me it doesn't matter. After doing this for 8 years I can pretty much sleep through anything after that 1st night at least. I got some good sleep today thank goodness the neighbors didn't let the kids run wild or they didn't decide to wash the car. For some reason washing the car means we have to turn the car stereo up so the whole complex is thumping. One day I had had it with the noise...I jumped out of bed sans unmentionables :) and let her know that if the radio didn't get turned OFF it was going to get real ugly real fast!! Haven't had that problem again!
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

lol @ unmentionables....i got some new ones, kinda liking that boy shorts cut...wasnt sure if it would work...should try it..just in case u need to put the neighbors in check again. that is hilarious...i can really picture u doing that lol

Oh before i forget april 17 (i think) military channel. Army.s TOP fighters..now that is going to be a show i can sink my teeth into. 3 days of combat style fist to cuffs sans the cuffs! mark your calendar..maybe this will be as good as watching Kav Magra (sp) before i get smaked again lool