White Start Menu color scheme?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by chrom3titan, Jul 3, 2008.

1. don_blaze34

don_blaze34 New Member

Wow that's late lol. To answer your question though I originally had the lite version but as you said it didn't have the white in there so I just went ahead and got the full version instead. I started playing around with the program last night and got the white to work although I need more time to get more comfortable with it..I'm looking for a white with black font and white with a blue font. One with a red font would be nice as well.
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

I'm working on the screen shots

========================================================
    Took a Three hour nap when I got home, I'll put together the White w/ Red font and zip it up with the other two and post it along with the tutorial w/ screen shots of how to activate the Xml. With quick color you can change the colors of any scheme in your phone. When I need a custom one I write a quick xml and mod it with the program. It's good when you have a background you like ...but the original font colors just can't be seen clearly.
  3. manbat

manbat Active Member

Activating White Soft Keys w/Colored Font

==========================================================
    1. You must have Quick Color"FULL" on your Phone.
    2. Unzip the attached files and place the three XML's in Application Data/Home.
    3. Test to see that they appear in your settings selection.
    4. When activating "white" xml always have the color scheme set to default.
    5. Go to Quick Color. See screen shot. Activate font first!!
    6. The screen shot is an example of how to set up white_Blue. Instructions are similar for other colors.
    A. Check Color Scheme
    B. Check Text
    C. Check Disable Gradient
    D. Select Blue
    E. Press Apply
    F. An Info Screen will pop up...press OK and move to the next step.
    [​IMG]

Step Two

A. Check Color Scheme
    B. Check System
    C. Check Disable Gradient
    D. Select White
    E. Press Apply
    F. An Info Screen will pop up...press OK and go to settings and select White Soft_Blue. [​IMG]

Home screens after mod
    Soft Keys will look similar to the next Screen Shots.

[​IMG]

For the other two Xmls in the zip file the same steps must be followed substituting their colors in the procedure. If you have any questions let me know. Once done the colors stay......but will only work on the phone they were activated on. With out activation Soft Keys will be Light Gray.

Attached Files:

4. don_blaze34

don_blaze34 New Member

It's a few days later (sorry for the delay) but I can't open the zip file...I can the it's not a valid file error
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

=================================================
    I just downloaded it and opened it w/ 7 Zip on my sons computer. I also opened it with Win Rar on mine. How are you trying to open? (It has to be extracted with a zip extracter) Will it download and save for you? I just downloaded, unzipped it, and opened it w/ notepad...just to look at the files on my sons computer.the XML is correct...he runs Vista, I have XP worked on both.
  6. don_blaze34

don_blaze34 New Member

I'm aware that it needs to be unzipped first. It downloads with no problem but will not unzip. I use Winzip Pro but to no avail..I even tried extracting using my phone but that too hasn't worked.
  7. manbat

manbat Active Member

<p>
    </p>
    <p>===============================I zipped it with winrar....had to change the extension from .rar to .zip to upload. sometimes that causes a problem. If you have your computer set so you can re-name extensions....change the extension back to .rar , then try to unzip. That usually allows the un-zip if there is a problem. Sorry about asking about the basics....sometimes that's the problem. Posted via Q9m
  8. don_blaze34

don_blaze34 New Member

Renaming the extension from .zip back to .rar worked like a charm. They all seem to be working well now.
  9. manbat

manbat Active Member

Glad I could Help.

=====================================================
    Glad I could Help.....That zip problem happens sometimes....I don't know why. Did you get them activated White and with the font colors?
  10. don_blaze34

don_blaze34 New Member

Yes they all work. A bit of a pain getting them to activate as they're a bit finicky. They work nonetheless. I noticed that you actually name the color codes white. I think that's the mistake I was making initially. I had them coded with the gray color code.