White Start Menu color scheme?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by chrom3titan, Jul 3, 2008.

1. eko

eko New Member

sorry I thought you said the theme uses your registry "trick" thought you might have a cab file of it. Thought you already had the settings handy and thought you could jsut share, guess not
  2. chrom3titan

chrom3titan New Member

thats actually the exact look I was looking for in that photo you posted , im excited to figure this out
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

good.... never tried it on a Q9, but now i know (although i might forget :}
  4. chrom3titan

chrom3titan New Member

haha, I'm glad to help.

You're screen turns white, and you cant see anything but you're MRU. Everything works though like that softkeys & start menu. To fix you gotta uninstall, change theme and then soft reset, then change theme back to normal because it will still be white upon reset.
  5. Prosper

Prosper New Member

The completely white scheme (Vodafone one) is pre-installed, the greyish theme (photo) was made by me. Check out the link below.

Check this (color scheme of "Greyish"):
    http://www.yousendit.com/download/TTdHQmtXSytubVhIRGc9PQ

That was the comment regarding the greyish color scheme BTW:

6. chrom3titan

chrom3titan New Member

ahh thats it right there haha! It looks nice, and actually I don't mind the flat look but do you think it is at all possible to have the gradient WM6 look? The 3D looking one?

and now that I'm thinking about it, It would be really cool if we could totally just replace it with a custom bar. I know its possible because fascade does it, I just hate fascade because it laggs the crap out of my phone. speed/ fps > looks any day to me
  7. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Do you have a WM5 Q? As for then, you can only imitate the WM6 look by using SmartToolkit.

Facade? Facade doesn't do anything with the softkeys. I guess you mean SmartToolkit.
  8. eko

eko New Member

Yeah I was origonally asking if you could post the preinstalled vodafone settings for the white softkeys so that I could take a look at them. I am guessing there is some sort of file that goes along with it and possibly a registry edit as well. If you could post those settings I would appriciate it.
  9. Prosper

Prosper New Member

As said, it uses the same registry hacks as all the other "trick schemes" out there.

[​IMG]
  10. relisted

relisted Member

hey chrome... wat layout is that? want it.. :]
  11. manbat

manbat Active Member

White Soft Keys w/ Blue Font

I did it by writing the XML and Disabling the Gradient w/ Quick Color App...
    When the Scheme is first install the Soft Keys are Light Gray....Quick Color turns them WHITE ...then you set font color!
    See Screen shot

[​IMG]
    White Soft Keys and Icon Bar w/Blue Font
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    [​IMG]
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    You have to name all areas of the xml or key things will white out when you disable the gradient.

I did it like I Modded the Black Soft Key App. It's posted in the Modded Black Soft Key String.

If you like it ...let me know! If you need any help ...let me know!
  12. manbat

manbat Active Member

I did it ...See Post

====================================================
    I got it done....see post.
  13. eko

eko New Member

what happens if you uninstall quick color app?
  14. manbat

manbat Active Member

------------------------
    I've always had Quick Color on my Q9m...so I'm not sure. It will probably go back to gray. Quick Color is only 5 bucks and it runs great from the SD Card...I just leave it there. I have looked at the xml before and after it's applied...there is usually one or two new color commands,but if you write the code that way by hand it does not work. So I leave it istalled. It is useful for quick mods. The only Tweaks that it performs that don't stay with the xml are the ones that disable the gradient. That is what turns the gray white. Maybe that can help you work it out. So my way Is phone specific. So I think that it might be a register tweak that effects the gradient. Posted via Q9m
  15. chrom3titan

chrom3titan New Member

http://www.downloadtaxi.com/d/1215385144/

I couldn't have done it without the help of Loc0, he arranged all of the plugins because I can't yet haha. there it is, and i love it!

manbat: nice tut but I don't wanna shell out 5 bucks for quick color, do u know if it works with lite? I know its been asked before but there was no answer in you're thread
  16. manbat

manbat Active Member

Quick Color lite

=======================
    Lite is fully functional....but only has 5 colors (vs. 50 in Full). I don't remember what colors are included in lite. Posted via Q9m w/ Skyfire
  17. don_blaze34

don_blaze34 New Member

I've read through this thread but still am not sure where/how people are getting the white menu bar?
  18. manbat

manbat Active Member

I can post the instructions...but the only way I have been able to do it is with the "Quick Color" app installed on your Q. I haven't seen that anyone else has been successful. I have a couple of white soft key color schemes that I can post....but it does take "Quick Color" to activate them. without "Quick Color" they are grey. The app is about 5 bucks...and it does come in handy for other quick color tweaks. If you are interested and have the app, let me know...I'll post the xml and the instructions on how to activate it. Posted via Q9m.
  19. don_blaze34

don_blaze34 New Member

Ok. I've got the program installed now
  20. manbat

manbat Active Member

<p>
    </p>
    <p>======================== Did you install the full or the lite. Full has more colors to work with. I don't remember if lite had &quot;white&quot;. When I get home I'll put together instructions with screen shots. I'm still at work...not sure when I'll get off....It's 12am here in Fort Worth...should be home and to my computer about 1:30am. If I'm not too tired I'll put it together. You want white soft keys with what color font? I have white w\blue and white w\black already made...I can make others.Posted via Q9m </p>