White Screen of... not quite dead?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by PsychoticX, Feb 20, 2010.

1. PsychoticX

PsychoticX New Member

White Screen of... not quite dead?

My Q9M, which I've replaced the screen twice on already, was banged into the side of a steel table yesterday while it was in my pocket. I didn't think anything of it, I didn't run into it that hard or anything but later when I pulled the phone out the screen was white. Immediately I thought maybe the screen was broken, after all I've replaced it twice. Then I came to these forums and saw all this about the white screen of death and thought this could be what I'm dealing with.

However, the phone works for all intents and purposes. I can make and receive calls, view the filesystem via USB, I hear it boot up and it seems fine other than a white screen!

I was running wm 6.1, so I flashed it with the stock firmware just in case. The flash was successful and the phone still works, but the screen is still white.

I also opened it to verify that all the connections are secure. I'm now trying the "turn it off and wall charge it" strat, but since it's working I doubt it will fix my issue. I'm not afraid to get in there hardware wise, even with a soldering iron if I need to, so any ideas especially at that technical level would be appreciated.
  2. kynden jones

kynden jones New Member

Dear PsychoticX
    I know what it feels like because i also have a red Q9M Moto and it was in my pocket,and i didn't hit anything i open it to check my messages and it was suddenly white?If you get any information on how to fix this problem please email me at mdcjones70@yahoo.com and title it Moto Q9M.Thanks photo_00013.jpg