While Texting the Letters Vanish?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Benny, May 30, 2008.

1. Benny

Benny New Member

While Texting the Letters Vanish?

forgive me if i have not searched correctly but i went through a fe pages when i did a search for texting and did not see my problem. ok so here it is

i get a text message and i click on reply, and i get a lag time till the screen opens up.

Problem 1
    ok now i can start typing, and i can see the first few words i type and then
    everything else is just blank but i did type the words cause the other person is getting the full text
    Example: I type "my day was good, how was yours?" I will see on my screen " my day " and the person getting the text will see
    "my day was good, how was yours?"
    so they are getting the text.

Problem 2
    so i am typing "hey hows it going?" and when i type the "?" it will keep on putting them in like my finger is stuck on it like this "??????????" and if i do not send the text it will keep on going non stop.
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

sounds like you need to go in and clear your text prediction...and/or turn it off if you dont need it! Not sure where it is in a 9m but I'm sure its under settings somewhere!! Then reboot...

sounds like you already did a sktools... :)
  3. Benny

Benny New Member

thanx but i already did that and yes i got the sktools too, i also did the hack for boosting the cpu and the hack for internet explorer, i think i may just do a master reset.
  4. paramedicnate

paramedicnate New Member

Mine has done the same thing, in the end your phone will just start locking up. You'll have to do a master reset and reload everything to get it to work normally again. Thats the only way I could get it to start working again.

-Nate
  5. erupert

erupert New Member

Sounds like a corruption somewhere. I have had the q since last Nov. I was having that prob regulary and ever since I turned off predictive text (back in dec), my phone has been completely stable. I get about 50-75 emails/day and 20-30 txt's so I think that I use it pretty heavily. I use the sktools and do the auto-clean every couple months. Sounds like your prob might be in the hacks. I know that verizon offers to swap the phones all the time, but I think it's almost always s/w related so I doubt a new phone will help.
  6. Benny

Benny New Member

yup that worked