Which screen protector would you choose?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by GilmourD, Jun 26, 2008.

1. GilmourD

GilmourD New Member

Which screen protector would you choose?

I don't want to spend a zillion dollars on a screen protector for my Q9c... So I've narrowed it down to a couple choices. I'd just like some opinions here from anybody who's used these.

There's the ScreenGuardz:
    http://www.screenguardz.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=NL-SMQ9-0907&CartID=1

And the Eforcity:
    http://www.eforcity.com/reusable-screen-protector-for-motorola-q9m-q9c-cmotq9mxsp01.html

If you would choose something different, tell me why. If it's more expensive, tell me what makes it worth the money.

Honestly, though, I can't find any good, scientific comparison between screen protectors. I only seem to find a lot of brand loyalty without reasons.
  2. trdspectacoma

trdspectacoma New Member

3. GilmourD

GilmourD New Member

Well, honestly, I'd rather just have a screen protector as the back of the Q9c is rubberized. Besides that... I have the OCD problem as described in the Mac Geekery article. LOL I'd go insane and you'd all hear me scream.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i have had the Q1 for about 18 months, no protector... dropped it 2-3 times, not the littles scratch on the scrreen. i have the same goal with the 2 week old Q9c..

that being said, do some searching here.. there was a thread where somebody had a really el cheapo solution, i think he bought a sheet and cut them himself..
  5. GilmourD

GilmourD New Member

I think I saw that thread. I saw another thread where a guy works for a company that makes the oil change reminder stickers and he uses the excess from that.

From the two choices I listed, I'm kinda leaning towards the ScreenGuardz one because you get 15 of them and it's $12.49 shipped. I know a lot of people seem to like their BodyGuardz stuff, so it's probably good. Would you agree?
  6. trdspectacoma

trdspectacoma New Member

BODY GUARDZ IS GOOD... also for my car remote( one of those with the screen) I usually make my own. by buying a lot of sheets from ebay. Try to find the biggest palm or pocket pc screen and look for that on on there and then make your own.

The oil change stickers are fine but I thought they were more like a rubbery film. I would think that that thing picks up link. best one is if you want to go cheap is the more stiff one that way it is easier to clean
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that is a good idea... to use those oil change reminder sheets (without the writing on it :}

i can't agree or disagree, never used them myself..