Which is BEST cut/copy/paste for Q9h?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by madmartian, Dec 3, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

wth.... how's Right Menu a copy & paste app ?

nice tip on the Q key..
  2. chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe New Member

I have been using Vito for a long time on several different smartphones.

I am seeing a little different functionallity on the Q9H. Most of the time it does not work. Like in PIE, when in the address bar, if you press and hold the center button it routes you back to the webpage that was in the address bar.

It seems like it is not recognizing that the center key is being held down and it takes the action that a single press would cause.

It is similar if I try to use it on an email. If I am at the end of the body of text and I press and hold the center button it enters a carridge return and then activates the Copy/paste menu.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
    cj
  3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Same symptoms as on my Q1 when used in conjunction with Qcaps. They are both keyboard hooked apps. New Q's must come "pre-hooked"....and thats a bummer.

Oh yeah....RB's works fine! :)
  4. chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe New Member

??????????
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Sorry....referring to RudeBoys magical Q! :)
    You could try HookMgr. Developed by the Magicall folks. It didn't help my scenario but it might yours...on my Q without Vito or I'd paste a link!
  6. chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe New Member

Of course. I guess that I am just too new around here to catch those subtle references.

Hey, that worked like a charm. Now vito works like it should, or at least as well as it did on my BJ/3125...

Thanks a lot for the help.

cj

Oh and the link for any others interested is http://www.mobiion.com/
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Well damn....I mean great! Wish it worked for me...did you install it with Vito already installed? Or HookMgr then Vito? Thanks!
  8. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey,

I thought there may be hooking issues with the Q9c right out of the box -- your comment confirms that. HookMgr doesn't seem to work with RightMenu -- Maybe i'll give vito a shot...

**Edit** vito is working great.... the best! I wonder If i can uninstall Hookmgr and still get it to work -- i'll see...

Matt!
  9. Hermn8r

Hermn8r New Member

First of all, KillerQ- GO BADGERS!! Saw you were from Madison, and thought I'd give a shout-out to my Alma Mater!!

OK.

The answer is yes. I had HookMgr installed (and I saw those wierd letter/number combos you talked about in another thread in my task manager), and honestly noticed no use for the program. I uninstalled it, and Vito continues to work just fine. I'm still bummed, however, that I can only cut/copy an editable field. But, I guess you can't have everything. Hopefully Minblows Mobile 6.1 will address this.

The biggest bummer struck me today. A friend texted me her email address, and I was unable to copy it so that I could paste it into her contact info. Did I miss something, or is this not possible? I don't think I should have to pay the $15 for Scissors to make this possible.
  10. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Herm,

Yes, Go Badgers! We moved here from S we still route for Michigan! haha..

As far as the email goes -- try going to MENU, then FORWARD. When you forward the text message, the original message will be editable...There ya go!

Also -- yea -- HookMGR was pointless as far as I am concerned...

Also, I am fine with Vito only copying and pasting in editable fields -- but I can't copy/paste in the IE address bar. The center button (as mentioned in another post) takes you to a different page.

I think I will simply solve this problem by getting a key-re-mapping app, and assigning vito/copy paste to the Q button when it's helpd down... Oh crap - that won't work... since holding the center button runs a file that we don't have access to... I'll try it anyway -- who knows....

Later,

Matt!

11. Hermn8r

Hermn8r New Member

Yikes!

Thanks- why didn't I think of that?!? Still, though, it would be nice to not have to go through this. Ho hum.

Why not use the pre-loaded Opera browser? I've found it superior to PIE (more accessibility to webpages, etc.), and cut/copy/paste on the address bar works just fine for me with vito.
  12. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey...

Vito won't work in Opera for me... I LOVE opera -- but I use PIE when i need something quick....

Also, Orneta sucks because it only shows up in a contextual menu when there are options -- so it's useless in an address bar....

**update** according to the VITO site -- Vito copy/paste will NOT work with Automatic Keylock running - go figure, that's the ONLY other program I use all the time... I disabled it, and now I can copy and paste in the address bar just fine.

I guess I will find another missed alert reminder app (the main reason why I used Keylock).

Still searching,

Matt!@
  13. chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe New Member

Vito and then HookMgr. though Vito was disabled when I installed I believe. I would go back and test the order but I don't want to take the chance that it won't work again.
  14. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

I now use Vito for copy/paste and DontForget (HERE) for audio reminders...

Best of both worlds, and both work 100%... Yea! ( can even copy/paste in the PIE address bar....

Sweet,

Matt
  15. chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe New Member

for the saving an email address to a contact can't you just click on the email name. When I do that it takes me to a screen where I can save the address if I want to. If I click save then I can either select a contact or create a new one to save the address to.

Also in regards to Vito and the address bar. That was my original problem and it went away with hookmgr. Just install that and no more problems copying the address.

cj
  16. Hermn8r

Hermn8r New Member

The problem was that the email address was sent to me as a text. It was sent by someone already in my contact list (but whose new email address I did not have), and when I highlighted it and tried to activate Vito, it instead took me to my email accounts so that I could choose which one to use. Then, since I was holding the button down, it automatically selected the first account from the list. Wish Vito would allow me to copy any text, not just editable fields. The program designer had commented about a year ago on qusers.com that he would consider this in an update, but no word since.
  17. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Thanks! I'll give it another shot!
  18. jaha

jaha New Member

Hi,

At last I have it working with HookMgr and Vito. I installed HookMgr first and Vito as second. Everything was working ok. I uninstalled HookMgr and Vito stopped working. When I installed HookMgr again Vito started working.

So my experience is that I have to have HookMgr installed and it does not matter what software I am installing first.

Jarle

-- Posted from my Q9h --
  19. Hermn8r

Hermn8r New Member

What exactly does HookMgr do? I installed it with Vito, and would get very strange letter/number combos in my task manager. Upon uninstalling HookMgr, the wierd combos disappeared in the task manager and were replaced by "VitoCopyPaste.exe", and Vito continues to work flawlessly. I can only assume that HookMgr was performing no relevant task (at least for me). Is anybody else (besides KillerQ and me) using Vito successfully w/o HookMgr?
  20. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Well...HookMgr took hold this time! Works great installed, Vito goes back to it's problem when I remove Hook. Qcaps/Vito/HookMgr are working! I haven't done a bunch of resets, or played with disabling either apps alot. I'll keep them all running and see what happens. I also see "42119ab6" has replaced Vito in the Task Manager. Cool by me..

hmmm..I wonder if I could get Phatspell to work now?
    next year maybe..

Thanks Everyone!!