Which invisibleShield for the Q9C?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Echoes&Madness, Feb 27, 2008.

1. jan001

jan001 New Member

What's everyone's experience with how long it takes to receive the Invisible Shield after an online order? It's only been 4 days since I ordered mine, so I'm not nervous about it, but is it reasonable to think I'll have it at maybe the 10 day mark?

I actually have another shield that I'd ordered before and it's arrived but I'm holding off putting it on the phone hoping the Invisible Shield will get here quickly.
  2. Unless you paid for the express shipping expect to wait the full amount. just the way it works I guess.

TIP FOR EVERYONE!!!
    WET YOUR FINGERS WITH THE SOLUTION BEFORE TOUCHING THE SCREENS.
    IT TELLS YOU THIS UNDER THE FIRST STEP.....I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY.
  3. jan001

jan001 New Member

Thanks. I was just hoping to not be told "they take forever" or anything like that, so it's all good. Thanks as well for the tip about installing!
  4. nethed

nethed New Member

I do all my invisible shield installs as the last thing before I go to bed. It keeps me from playing with my new toy and allows the shield to set.

I also wear some nitrile gloves.

Ohh, and here's a neat trick. If you use 50/50 windex/water, the shield slides around for a lot longer, and you have more time to position it well. You can you straight windex, but I'd be worried about the ammonia (though it didnt harm my iPod)

I will be calling ZAGG about my battery shield though, it looks like it didnt work because the corners (on the battery cover) never stuck, even overnight, and now the corners are attracting dirt. The rest works beautifully, even the tiny pieces.
  5. JMak

JMak New Member

May have been noted already, but be economical with the solution. I ordered both the full body and the screen (did only because of the CES show special 50% off pricing). I used nearly the entire bottle just getting the screen shield on not realizing how much I used to not only wet my fingers but the shield itself. Fortunately I had another bottle to use.

I'm glad to read that the 50/50 windex/water solution works well. I may take my shield off the clean the shield and phone and then reinstall. I didn;t quite get the battery covery shield on right the first time and the edges of the shield does collect dust.

Take your time installing and make sure you have ample time. Don't rush otherwise you'll not get it just right.

Overall - great product. Only improvement would be more solution.
  6. jan001

jan001 New Member

Just so I'm sure I have this right before I start: If I run out of solution, can I switch to the windex/water solution to finish, or should/can I just skip the packaged solution and use w/w from start to finish? I plan to start with the lens protector first, but just in case.
  7. nethed

nethed New Member

I like the windex/water solution better, it seems to give me more time to align the protector. I just put some windex and water in a little tray, and dip my fingers in it (i'm using gloves). Then i dip parts of the invisible shield in the solution, and use my fingers to get the windex all over the back.

I know this sounds silly, and a bit over-board, but it works for me. And the invisible shield is on in such a way that one cannot tell its there. No bubbles, and perfect alignment.

Anywho, thats how I get it done, good luck!
  8. JMak

JMak New Member

Thanks for the tip Nethed. What kind of gloves are you using? You said "nitrile" in a prior post but I have never heard of those?

Also, have you removed and then reinstalled the shield, yet? I'm wondering what I should use to clean the screen and the body before reinstalling the shield.
  9. jan001

jan001 New Member

I'm curious about the gloves too, having never heard of "nitrile". Do they give you better grip, or do you just prefer keeping the solution (whichever one) of your hands?

If it's the latter, I'm not too concerned for myself, since full-strength Windex doesn't bother me, but if it improves your grip or something, I have some veterinary "finger cots" which are sort of glove finger tips and I could use a couple of those.
  10. nethed

nethed New Member

I'm a chemist, so I just grab some gloves from the lab, and what we use is a material called Nitrile. Its like latex, but more impervious. I use the gloves to minimize the chance of putting my finger-prints on the back of it. I'm not so much worried about the windex on my hands, I'm doing it more for quality of the screen adhesion.

Best of luck.
  11. you can add water to the bottle three times and it still works per their direction.
  12. jan001

jan001 New Member

I've had my Invisible Shield for over a week but it's still in the box because of the 24-hour time it says it takes to set up after applied. I use my phone a lot and am having a tricky time carving out a 24-hour time period when I won't need to use it at all.

I noticed that one place in the boxed kit it says "12 to 24" hours but in another place it says 24 hours and also says that in the online application video. Those of you who already have the Invisible Shield, what do you recommend? Will it work with 12 hours set-up time or should I do this one by the numbers and wait till I have 24 hours when I won't need the phone?
  13. nethed

nethed New Member

Jan001,
    Just do it before you go to bed. It does take 24 for it to be fully set up, but by morning, its very usable. I let mine set up for about 8 hours, and it is fine. You can barely tell there is a shield on it
  14. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Member

my cell phone is my sole primary phone, so I needed it pretty soon. I used mine with about 5-6 hours of "set up" and it was fine. In fact, it sets over the next several days, to be honest.

Your sole concern about not letting it sit for enough time should be the water used to apply the film--you want to be sure there is no leftover water that might have made it inside the product. For me, I put the phone under a warm light, put a couple silica gel packets around it and left a light fan on it.
  15. Vidious

Vidious New Member

I'd really love to pick up an IS for my q9c but man 25+tax and shipping is pretty damn steep for this thing.. wish there was the 50% off deal again, $12 seems a lot more reasonable :(
  16. bashed1

bashed1 New Member

I purchased my Q9c shield from them a month or so ago and used coupon code "PCWorld20" - good for 20% off and free shipping. This is a great product, by the way! And, use the 50/50 Windex and water method - works a lot better than that stuff in the tiny bottle they send with the shield.
  17. I get fuzz around the edges from time to time.
    Maybe cause I only let it set for 30 min when I put it on :tounge:
  18. sherri

sherri Active Member

Tony, what happend last time you were speeding through things?? ;) Slow down (and smell the flowers...but don't get stung by the bees! )!

19. Good one..now I will be watching you to get even!!! :tounge: