Which invisibleShield for the Q9C?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Echoes&Madness, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Echoes&Madness

Echoes&Madness New Member

Which invisibleShield for the Q9C?

I was curious which invisibleShield you ordered (for those of you that ordered the Full Body Coverage option) for the Q9C. The reason that I ask is because if you choose the Q9c on their website, a Q9h is shown. The Q9m appears to be the closest representation to the Q9c; however, it does not come with the extended battery cover, so I am not sure if this would cause a problem or not...

So, I just wanted to know which one I should order...
  2. vpxkid

vpxkid New Member

I ordered the one that said Q9C. At first i thought they would send the Q9h one but i got it and its perfectly cut for the Q9c. It covers the extended battery but its a bit hard to stick it on, takes a few tries to get it right. So no worries.
  3. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

yea just order the one for the Q9c.. I thought the same thing but it came perfect. At first I loved it but after about 2 months I've taken it all off except for the part over the screen to keep from scratching it. My reason is because after a while dirt starts building around the edges of the plastic and you constantly have to be scraping it off because it makes your phone look dirty. This personally bothered me I dunoo if it will you. Other than that a great product.
  4. NyCzAkShuN

NyCzAkShuN New Member

5. gazment

gazment New Member

I'm contemplating getting one. Does the shield leave behind any residue when you peel it off? Does it stick well enough so that you don't have to worry about the edges coming up? Also, has anyone used the skins as well and what if any are the differences?
  6. no residue whatsoever....my wife had to replace the voyager and it was as if the phone came out of the box.
  7. Echoes&Madness

Echoes&Madness New Member

NyCzAkShuN, Thank you for the 50% off code!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the invisibleShield website has been updated with the correct photo for the Q9C...

I went ahead and ordered the full-body version since the price was as low as it was (due to the posting above)...
  8. Tymbndr

Tymbndr New Member

Thanks!! I have been wanting to get one for my Q9c and one for my Zune and now I can get both for the price of one!!
  9. RichardC

RichardC New Member

I don't see the 9 c listed on their website

I don't see the item number listed on their website for the shield for the Moto Q 9c.

Am i overlooking it. Could you please help
  10. Tymbndr

Tymbndr New Member

There isn't an "item number" per se, you have to select your device from the drop-down on the left side. Start with "Smartphone" then "Motorola" then "Q9c"

Hope this helps.
  11. NyCzAkShuN

NyCzAkShuN New Member

Hope this helps.

[​IMG]
  12. patleeman

patleeman New Member

Does the invisible shield cover the right seam where all the dust keeps on getting in under the screen? That is my biggest concern.
  13. jan001

jan001 New Member

This thread helped me decide to order this item. The two things in their video demo that were the biggest persuaders were (1) the photo of the phone with the screen protector on it but folded back over part of it so that you were seeing through a double thickness, and the screen still looked good and (2) someone banging the point of a key over and over on a screen with the protector on it. Hopefully they ship quickly!
  14. usudno

usudno New Member

Like the above poster asked. Does the invisible shield stop dust from getting in? My last phone was an i 930 and i hated the dust. My Q is on the way and i just want to get all of my ducks in a row.
  15. dust won't get in, but it will get all over the sides of the phone.
    let the phone sit for a few hrs after putting skin on....
  16. usudno

usudno New Member

So it will stick to the adhesive part of the invisible shield at first but nothing should get in the phone? Sounds like this is a great product.
  17. Just don't put too much solution on or it can seep into the phone. After you put it on it says take a lens cloth and dab it dry.
  18. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

I donno I bought a set of 5 fellowes universal screen protectors which adds up to 10 protectors due to the size of the q9c screen....however for me, it took me 1.5 sheets to just get it perfect....I ended up getting finger prints and air bubbles on the first two tries and the third was perfect but some damn dust got on one side...I donno I am crazy about screen clarity and such so on the 4th try I got it........and I have 6 more screen protectors left...no residue...very easy to do.....$6 from walmart...

19. nethed

nethed New Member

I've dealt with both the Walmart screen protectors and the invisible shield (I have one on my iPod, TomTom, and Axim). Comparing Invisible Shield to the Walmart things is like comparing a 80's Yugo to a 08 Mercedes S Class.

The Invisible Shield, when properly applied is amazing. I thought it would have problems on the iPod (i have the 3rd gen nano), but there is only a tiny bit of dust in one corner. However, I did have practice applying them with other Invisible Shields. It takes a couple to get the knack down, I suggest watching the video online.

YMMV, but my experience w/ Invisible Shields is excellent.
  20. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

Are you also like saying you are using your invisi shield or whatever to protect your letters and numbers and stuff from coming off?

Generally I am very careful with my electronics and all I figured I needed was the screen protectors, and 10 of them for $60 to protect my screen from unwanted scratches is a good cheap alternative.....I would look in invisible shield for what I recommended....