which case/holster is everyone using?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by coreyoli, Jan 16, 2008.

1. coreyoli

coreyoli New Member

which case/holster is everyone using?

So, I'm getting very attached to me Q9m, and now I need a way to carry it.. I'm a big fan of holsters, but I use the extended battery...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Corey
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

3. pocket.
    just ordered the invisible shield.
  4. spork27

spork27 Member

5. I just don't like how its the "in" thing for manufacturer's to have the corners of a case exposed...
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

am i incorrect thinking that has a reason ?
  7. I understand ports, etc, but every case for any device doesn't have it. maybe its easier to push it out?
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

without taking the ports in consideration.. wouldn't it be hard to push the device into an enclosed space such as a pouch like the one i use, see here.. with air building up behind it.
  9. good point.
    Its just that corners of my devices get nicked more than any other spot.
  10. twelvetreeez

twelvetreeez New Member

Sorry so late

I don't know if you still need a little help or not, but I look on ebay. I never end up spending more that 15 bucks, that is when I had the Q1. I just ordered my first Q9 case and am waiting for it to show up. Do not order the rubberized platic, it doesn't fit.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

because the corners are exposed :}
  12. You have a keen eye for the obvious.
  13. mrdrago

mrdrago New Member

I have looked at a lot of cases for the Q9M. The one I like the best, and the one I currently use is made by Foray. It is an upright pouch pocket type with magnetic clip. I bought it at Office Depot for $20. It is slim, the phone slides in easily from the top and even with the extended battery it slides really smoothly. The case looks great for casual or business. It is black and made of a man-made leather type material. Check it out at Office Depot. It comes in brown as well. I bought a brown one for when I wear brown belts and shoes. The charger port is accessible while in the case. This is a generic case made for many PDA phones but it fits the Q9M perfectly. Attached is a low resolution picture of the case. Sorry for the poor quality, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like, and the shape.

Mark :wink:

Attached Files:

14. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I use a PDA holster from www.specopsbrand.com
    It's about as rugged as it gets, Military grade nylon webbing, about 1/2" of high density foam padding, plus a hard plastic insert for impact resistance. No, it's not very asthetically pleasing (just a simple black hoster), but my Q tumbled down a flight of stairs onto a vinyl floor while in the holster without so much as a scratch.
  15. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

my Q like to go all naural. Dont like the holsters, can get to the darn thing quickly sometimes
  16. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Very true (especially with mine) since I got my Q9c mine goes au natural too.