Where's the Volume?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Dubbal R, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Dubbal R

Dubbal R New Member

Where's the Volume?

I am excited about getting a Q, but I am still on the research path. From what I see here and what I see at the VZW Store, I am definitely impressed. There's one thing though. It does not seem to be very loud. I played with the ring tones and I had to hold it up to my face to hear it. With all of the features that the Q has, I would think that I could get more volume than what I have gotten.

Can I expect to be able to do something about that once I get mine?
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

The Q is plenty loud. In fact, I powered it on a party and everyone turned around. You have various profiles that you can change. Don't worry about the ringer volume.

-Chris
  3. q-rocks

q-rocks New Member

You can only increase the overall volume with the earpiece volume. If you have the earpiece volume turned down, the speaker vol will be low as well (also the headphone volume. To inc the earpiece, press and hold the thumbwheel until the volume is displayed, then turn it up.....you can then get all the volume you want....:)
  4. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

The Speakerphone option has plenty of power too. Its crisp and clear. On my Treo, even with the speakerphone on high, I still had to put it up to my ear to hear.
  5. veroson

veroson New Member

is there a way to lower the volume of the Q startup sound (when u first turn it on)? I know i saw something somwerehr, but can't seem to RE-locate it now. TIA
  6. nicnac

nicnac New Member

yes, just go to the profile you are using ..hit menu..go to edit..move down til you see system sound setting..you can turn it off or just lower it.
  7. veroson

veroson New Member

Thanks, i thought that was where u do it. I have mine set to "3", but it's still awfully loud. Thought there might be another setting somewhere too.
  8. nicnac

nicnac New Member

I know what you mean..I turned mine right off. lol