Where's Mike250?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Geekster, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Where's Mike250?

Mike!!!! Where are you? How are you doing? You OK? Family OK?
    MIKE!!!! :angry:
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

he was here a few days ago... probably needs to recuperate from all the wimmin swarming around him :}
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ps: "Last Activity: Yesterday 04:40 PM"
  4. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I haven't seen any of his posts for days and I'm all over this place. I must just be missing his. OK....I won't worry about him so much then.
    Sheesh--going to tie a bell around his neck so I can keep track of him
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

he was grmbling & shaking his head "Geekster this.. Geekster that..."

:}
  6. Geekster

Geekster New Member

HAHAHAHAHA!!
    Don't blame him! I am a PIA! Well you (& everybody else on here) know that. And yeeesssss, the world does revolve around mmmeeeee!!!:smile:
    You're not surprised to learn that are you? LOL
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

still here, you can call off the search party. Just been dealing with repairs to truck and spending time with family.

motor went out in truck. Been fighting with insurance people to fix. Missing a few oil change records so they won't fix it. So me truck will get junked, and they will put me in a another one. Same type, just have to redo lease.

Warranty was supposed to repair/replace. Apparently replace can also mean replace truck. :gasp:
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

not surprised Geek.... you know we like ya :} wouldn't be the same w/o our Geekie :}

bummer man.... hope you can get things taken care of without breaking the bank completely.

good luck.
  9. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

should be back rolling fri/sat..hopefully this new(to me) truck will hold up better.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you lease your own truck by the way ? is that common here ? (my bro is a trucker in the Netherlands and well, he sometimes asks questions..)

too bad you get your new truck... Geekster was gonna sign you up for "trick my truck" :} speaking of which, how did they find an entire cast that of men that all have pretty outrages facial hair ?

pfew.... so now you pop up and Geekster is no where to be found :}
  11. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

I lease mine to a carrier for a given time. They find me the freight and I can only pull their freight.

Other option is to find my own freight, pays more most times. However, it can get stressful if something falls thru or nothing is available in the area. Then I would have to drive to where some is. That is reffered to as deadheading..driving for free.

Geekster may have gotten too excited about my "return" and needed to take a break :)
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you lease "yours" makes it sound like you own the truck itself.. understood on the freight. when i was a young rb i wanted to become a trucker, had a few uncles who were truckers and would go with them every chance i got.. over time the wish to become a trucker faded away, but i'm still intrigued by the whole thing, especially here in the US opposed to the Netherlands where 99.9% of the trucks are owned by a company and the drivers and just that, drivers...

re. Geekster... guess she was overwhelmed by you. :}
  13. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

most here are just drivers, no vested intrest in truck...no payments... nothing

About a 1/3 of us own our trucks. We make payments like you do for a car, buy the fuel, insurance, maint. etc. Usualy we make more this way, but if we don't work, we don't get paid plus payments & insurance are still due.
  14. sherri

sherri Active Member

Mike, I insure quite a few owner/operators in NY. Ask if your policy has "down time coverage". If you just have bobtail/deadhead policy, it may not. Alot of my guys are turning in plates because of such high costs. At the last NY State Motor Truck dinner (my husband was there), they had a whole seminar on how to cut costs...Anyway, glad to see you back!
  15. cheri

cheri Active Member

i figured u would come up for air Mike.
    Sorry to hear about your truck...but sounds like
    things are under control.

shhh geekster passed out from all the return of mike coverage. she just needs to sleep it off.
  16. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

just have standard bobtail insurance.
    They did put my payments on hold untill I start running again. Best way to cuts costs is to watch your fuel use.

Eating PB & J helps too :)

re: geekster.. I have that affect on wimins. I enter, they leave
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

aaaww mike...geekster is overwhelmed by your masuculiness...she is still out cold u must have a heck of a testosterone level! lol she couldnt even handle the vapors :)
  18. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Me Here!! *jumping up and down waving my arms*
    Things were slow at work so I took the afternoon off & decided to put the filing cabinet together we bought like 2 months ago. I did OK until I got to the drawer sliders! For the life of me I can not figure out w/c slider goes on what side of the drawer, then gets hooked up to the inside of the cabinet.
    (I waited it out till hubby got home)

Anyway, sorry to hear about you truck, Mike. I think it was haunted anyway.
    It was just one d*mn thing after another with that truck. But time with family is all good.
    Glad you're OK.

Going out and buying you a cow bell so I know where you are when I can't find you! Had a major search going on here!!
  19. cheri

cheri Active Member

wow mike you know you are "in" when given he cow bell :)
  20. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

do bulls wear bells?

truck actually did good untill recently. think it just got mad 'cause I looked at other trucks *shrugs*

poor geekster, just look which way the slider works. Inside needs to slide forward, rollers in back. Or something like that.