Where The Hell Do My Emails Keep Disappearing to ?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by naznomad, Jan 26, 2009.

1. naznomad

naznomad New Member

Where The Hell Do My Emails Keep Disappearing to ?

I have my phone set up to download emails from my pop3 account. I get the notification that I have a new email. Fine. I go to it,read it,and reply if necessary. Then later when I go back to the inbox,the emails have all gone. Why do they keep disappearing? Should they not stay in the inbox until I actually delete them?
    Anyone else had this problem?
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

if you are using POP3 the default is to remove the messages from the server when they are downloaded. so the next time you sync, it won't see them on the server and will remove them from your phone. to fix it you can change the settings on the server side, or use IMAP
  3. naznomad

naznomad New Member

Hmm. It happens even if i don't sync. I changed the setting to "leave message on server" ,but I still got the problem,my inbox was empty a little later on when i went back to it.
    I want to leave certain emails in my phone's inbox for later reference when I am away from my PC,regardless of whether they are still on my pop3 server or not.

My webmail interface has an option to forward emails and keep a copy on the server. If I set it to forward to my att.net address,would they come through as emails or as text messages? Also,would they stay on my phone without automatically deleting?
  4. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

It would probably fix it...give it a try.

Can't you just replace pop3 with IMAP in the set up.
  5. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

for pop you have to change the settings on the server too
  6. naznomad

naznomad New Member

You mean setup of the email account on the phone where i currently have the pop3 server address? If so,what format is it written in? I get my emails from pop3.west.cox.net so how would the IMAP one be entered?
  7. naznomad

naznomad New Member

I Setup the pop3 account (via webmail interface) to forward copies of emails to my phone. Problem is they come through as text messages,and if I go to reply to one,it goes out as a text message,not much use if the person cant recieve texts,or if its going outside the country.
  8. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

not exactly what we meant. There should be an option through that interface for what to do when messages are downloaded
  9. HITmanMichael

HITmanMichael New Member

If your e-mails still disappear ...

I had a similar problem with my Q. What I realized was that Microsoft Outlook on my desktop computer at home was open. After it received the e-mails, they were deleted from the server and therefore from the phone. So now when I am done the computer the night before, I close out Outlook and to ensure it really is off, I log out of my home computer. Then the e-mails stay on my phone until I power up Outlook again at home. I hope this helps.
  10. naznomad

naznomad New Member

Hmmm,yeah I know what you mean,but my emails disappear from my phone within a few minutes regardless if my PC has my email program on to download emails or not.
  11. Jenna

Jenna New Member

I had the same problem with my emails not only deleting themselves from the inbox of my iphone but also from Charter's online web email. They were not deleting from my Mac Mail program. After a month of talking to tech support with both Apple and Charter Communications and much frustration, a tech told me the other day to try changing my password. It worked! My emails are staying put now.