What's Your Today Screen?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by jmorisey, Apr 5, 2009.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I think there are several actually. I'm going to a test in Outlook 2007 and pull in a couple of pictures and then see what happens in the contacts on the phone.
  2. EQBob

EQBob New Member

ok...so I took a colleague's picture from our directory, moved it into my Outlook contacts, clicked on to his line and dialed me. His picture came up, so it obviously synced across. As far as size, the notification of call screan on the saga is approx 55% of the screen space and the picture was about the size of a postage stamp on the right-hand side of that screen. Clearly readable and visible.

I know there are other apps for this, so if you want something different than this, you probably have lots of options.
  3. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Sweet guys thanks.
    Another thing I had just looked into was the themes for the SPB Mobile Shell and I was wondering if Themes for the Omnia would work on our phone? here is an example of one im curious of...
    http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=99268&st=40

Thanks guys. You're all a huge help. The more and more I think about what I want to put on my new phone the more and more excited i get about my SAGA!!!!!
  5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

the blue waves theme is niiiiiiiice!
  6. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Agreed--Blue Waves is sweeeeeeeet!

I never saw how to add in a theme to Spb...maybe it is in their FAQ somewhere. I know in the options where you could set it, but not how to load it.

Speaking of which, I got an email back from Spb that says 3.0 is due out very soon and if you buy 2.1, you'll get a free upgrade to 3.
  7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

From what i've seen you just need to put the files that people have for you to download into the spb mobile folder on the phone i believe. These are pretty hott too if we can use them also http://s2u2.ppc-theme.com/index.html
    also here is a link to download a rar file that has a bunch of themes i wonder if they work with the saga unfortunately i cant see til monday maybe one of you guys could give it a shot...
    http://www.mediafire.com/?gsyhmuyfj9t
  8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

9. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Jon,

Have you seen any battery issues with PB? I've had it installed for 2 days now and today, the battery (the extended even!) just cranked towards zero. I rarely run less than 60% by the end of the day and today I was at 28% on the way home.

Calls and other usage was consistent.

The only thing that I was doing today was i updated dozens of contacts with photos and everytime I saved a contact, it updated via ActiveSync. I don't know if that many initiations of AS would kill the battery or not?
  10. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

I can't answer that with a good conscience. I have had PB on my SAGA since the day I got it. I do know that I can get approx. 12 hours out of my extended battery doing just about ANYTHING I want... talking, texting, web browsing, etc...

I would give it another run w/o all the AS connections for a day and see where you stand.

You are starting to make me think I should look into alternative Today Screen options, lol...

11. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I'm just a trend setter...oh wait...I misspelled troublemaker
  12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

To EQBob and jmorisey, have either of you given those themes a shot on the saga? really curious if they work on it or not. If not guess I'll have to wait til monday when i get my saga to give it a shot, also have either of you guys used/tried palringo? i have it on my Q now and love it for an instant messenger program, if not what messenger program do you guys use?

Thanks for all your advice you've both been a big help.
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I have not used the themses aspect. I am waiting for Version 3. of Spb's program to come out before making a purchasing decision.

As far as instant messaging, I use the AOL AIM for Windows Mobile app. Free and good and actually exits rather than staying in memory.

No problem on help and stuff. 'Tis what the forums are here for. Hope Monday comes soon for you <G>
  14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah i hope it comes soon too, does your messenger program only do aim? or can it accept gtalk contacts as well?
  15. EQBob

EQBob New Member

S'far as I know it's only AIM, but I don't know anyone that uses Gtalk, so can't tell you for sure.
  16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Ok ill have to test this all out on monday, pretty pumped for this phone, hope im not getting too excited over it lol, just havent really wanted a new phone bc i love the way the Q buttons are and not even the newer q's have the same button format so pretty excited for this.
  17. fitfestus

fitfestus New Member

New Here - But did research

I got my Saga about a week ago, but have made some considerable changes to it since having it...I read many forums before getting it to be prepared....

I have....on my Today Screen
    1. Default Time Bar that came w/ the phone
    2. Skyfire - Search Bar - Much better browser than Opera. Example - go to rubytuesday.com; They have animation on their page. Skyfire shows it perfectly, Opera does not
    3. SPB Phone Suite - 1.3.1beta - You have to find this in the SPB forum. Version 1.3 that is on the straight sight will NOT show the icons properly.
    4. SPB Weather - 2.01

Thats it.....see attached screen shot

Attached Files:

18. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

looks good
    i especially liked having the skyfire search bar on my home page
  19. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

hey fitfestus thats a really cool homescreen really like it. Where did you get the skyfire search bar from? and did you customize it yourself? it would be cool if i could have my new saga screen look like that come monday when i get it. i love customizing my phones my Q is fully custom on the homescreen thanks to madbeetle but there isnt a program like that out for the saga's apparently.
  20. fitfestus

fitfestus New Member

The skyfire search screen is just an option within the setup of the browser when you download it from skyfire.com (you have to download it from your phone)

I opted against Throttle Launcher - a theme/skin program - to just customize my "Today" screen. I customized it really with just those above items.....SPB Phone Suite and STP Weather.
    I opted AGAINST RealVGA after this configuration. Plus, the Icons Wouldn't work with 320x320 screen....

However.....
    I would STRONGLY recommend these other programs.
    1. SKTools 4.4.5.1 - Its like the old Norton Utilities - Cleans up the phone
    2. Sprite Backup or SPB Backup
    3. Throttle LOCK - See attached PIC - This is a locking feature that is touch activated with a 3x3 grid. http://www.throttlelauncher.com/portal/
    4. MOST IMPORTANT - SPB Mobile Shell - Makes your phone into a touch screen much like the iphone (mostly for the Icons)
    http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pocketpc-software/mobileshell/screenshots.html
    5. NET Compact Framework 3.5

Other cool stuff I have loaded
    1. Flash Player 7
    2. WiFi Monster - Finds WiFi - and looks nice doing it
    3. TCPMP - The Core Pocket Media Player - Plays all types of video with different codecs (I havent played much w/ this)
    4. ICS Control - Makes your phone a WiFi hotspot. For example, if you want to use a laptop but dont have a wifi connection, but your phone DOES. However, you have to get the ICSInstall.cab and the ISCControl 0.21.exe file. If you try only the ISCControl exe file you will get a error. "FATAL - NAT driver not found" or something along those lines.

Hope that helps.....

Attached Files: