What's the Best Digi-Camera?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Geekster, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Congrats..I was shooting with a 510 today....I have sent my oly to get repaired at the NY center once and they replaced the whole camera within a week. Oly CS is great. You will not regret the purchase.
  2. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I know....
    When I did call about the lens they were very nice & couldn't believe that was all I needed.
    Thinking about checking Ebay tomorrow and see if I can find the adapter, more lens, & maybe the "cheat cards".
    Thanks for your help, Tony.
  3. no problem.
  4. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Tony,
    Did you do these updates on your Evolt 510?
    I know I don't need the last one. I don't think I will use that lens for whatever pictures I take.
    But did you do the other 2? Did it improve the performance of the camera?
    Is writing to the compact flash faster? I know, I know! I just keep throwing questions at you.
    :smile:
  5. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Tony,
    *Yeah-I'm bothering you again!*
    I flashed my camera yesterday and it went very smooth. I have a compact flash 3 so the update fixed the speed on the camera to write-read on the flash card. Was scary but so was the first time I flashed the bios on my PC years ago. Only trouble I am having is the "templates" update. They are downloaded but can't install them to the camera. Everything is "grayed out" and can't drag & drop them in. Going to mess with it more this weekend if I don't have to work.
    Ok--I'm going to leave you alone for awhile now. (maybe-no promises) LOL

6. Just wanted to say sorry that I missed this post...Templates to the camera?
  7. Geekster

Geekster New Member

View attachment 2710

[​IMG]

I downloaded templates from Oly site after I updated/flashed the camera to be able to read/write faster to the 4 gig SanDisk Extreme 3 compact flash card I bought to use. (FYI: on sale @ Circuit City now). Left side of window is the templates that in theory I can add to the camera, which is the right side of window, as frames when shooting a picture. Right click "add" is grayed out, add button is grayed out lower right side. I can right click on a template and delete a template/s & that is the only option I have. Just wondering if you did this & if you had any trouble adding the templates to the camera. No big deal that I can't add them, even if I did I probably wouldn't use them but my "tech gene" kicked in & I have to figure out why.
    That's all... I was just wondering/wanting to know if you had problems or even tried.

Attached Files:

8. Nope never tried. Only thing I want is a focusing screen to put the tic tac toe grid in my viewfinder for framing shots.
  9. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Ok...just being nosey and that's been established in other posts/threads. :smile:
    Not going to worry about it. Some day if I ever find an answer,w/c I'm not going out of my way to find, then that would be cool, too.
    Later...