What were you like in school ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bobby-n, Jun 3, 2008.

1. wm6junkie

wm6junkie New Member

hmm I was quiet yet nerdy guy who basically did things people wouldn't do at my school..I was on the quiz bowl team 3 of my four years in high school(state champs 02)..Wrestled freshman/sophmore year became city champ freshman year.placed 3rd soph year @ state(119lbs).junior year joined acapella/show choir and was recognized by a lot of females(stud) oh yeah!!but was still a geek graduated in 2003 went to LSU got a bach's in science (chemistry) graduated in 2007 now going to get my masters at Tulane in New Orleans..
  2. cheri

cheri Active Member

Nice accompishments!
    For some reason choir "does it" for some high school girls. I remember when my man kid was in HS and he participated in choir...sheesh! they were like all over he place oozing out of the foundations of our house lol jk.
  3. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Hrrm... High school was a long time ago for my mostly short term memory. Graduated in 2000 somewhere around 34th in the class. Took the prep classes and was bored in them. My lazy GPA was something above 3. Senior year I got passes out of all my classes except Calculus, English and half of my psudo-physics class (real physics was only offered the same period as either Chorus or Calc, forget which) to go to the computer lab. I didn't fit in any of the clique's, but got along with everyone as I took prep classes and did sports but hung out with the druggies (though I was clean till I went to college). Wrestled from 4th grade to 10th as a lightweight. Just wasn't quite as fun anymore and I did some damage to my knee. Ran distance in track as well as pole vaulted. Could clear 8'6" vaulting (7'6" is starting height, so not very high) but was an excelent 1600 and 3200 meter runner. Though I totalled my knee I injured wrestling and the other one by compensating. Lost a race once as my knee gave out in the final 100m neck and neck, had a slight lead then stumbled. Other times ran about half the 3200 half limping. Still would usually place. Also did golf for 4 years. Was in the Drama club. Also became an Eagle Scout when I was 16. I was the good kid that never got caught as well. Also cracked the admin account to the school network my sophmore or junior year. Only time I went to court was because I was mistaken for someone else, though I've done my fair share of things I cold have gone to court for. I was the "friend" and nice guy (we always do seem to finish last). And I've always rambled like this in a somewhat incoherant manner. lol Sorry for the length and I've prolly missed a good bit, but it's plenty long enough to type on a Q.
    Q,Pot
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

Good to see you Sir!
    Great gorgarath mini bio :)
  5. wm6junkie

wm6junkie New Member

lol I know what you mean
  6. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

i was on the Swim team for 3 years (laugh it up all ya want but how many of YOU GUYS got to see women in bathingsuits everyday?!:laugh2:) Other then that I kept to myself, and made 2 friends throughout high school because I ultimatly knew and planned on never seeing them again. Hope this isnt to pitying but seriously I hated High school, the way that cliques were started and rumors flew around like Rush Limbaugh trying to make a point on his radio station :gasp:. I loved the teachers and they loved me, but I never chose to get close to any of the students because I thought that once High School was over, and College and the rela world began, all this would be non-existant. Wow, talk about being WRONG! :embarassed:
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

Can't believe I did not post anything about high school yet.
    Didnt like it lol

I never fit in to any clique, spent most of the time when I was at school either roaming the grounds avoiding the perv dean who did not like bra straps with sleeveless t-shirts. I remember having a discussion in his office regarding this fashion disaster and suggesting that he try to find a strapless bra in my size.
    The other part of the time was spent on "smokers hill" where kids "smoked" lol. That was more comraderie that any clique with in the school. Everyone watched everyones back, if you were coherent enough.

I had a couple of tragic events in high school I wont get into. Needless to say aside from high school just being a boring mess, I had outside issues preying upon me that kept me from focusing on education for a period of time.

Prior to High School I was relatively a good kid. I was quiet and very compliant at school. Drastic difference from high school. I played every sport offered even though I never excelled at any. Thanks for the swim team mention weapondrift. The one I was on was a private league and not involved with the schools, that team I spent years on and it was the best.

I would not exchange the present for my high school years lol. 42 is much much better.