What were you like in school ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bobby-n, Jun 3, 2008.

1. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

What were you like in school ?

what were you like in school ? were you a prep ... jock......goth.....geek..... good girl....cheerleader...stuck up.....etc.... dd u play any sports amd were u any good??? what was your gpa ???? what year did u graduate? im just making this thread to see how everybody used to be in school....what they were like.... just curious
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you'll have to ask my class-mates i guess (overseas :}... i was most likely put into all kinds of "categories" but i always (and still) fought "labeling" and/or being "labeled" like that.
  3. I was in the marching band for two years and jazz band for 4.
    Graduated HS in 93
    I wasn't a geek and I wasn't a jock. I was just me which sucked.
    My GPA was like 3.9 out of 6, yes we used 6 for some reason. I was ranked in the top half of the class. Honors courses were too hard for me and the regular courses were way to easy so I struggled with the honors kids.
    College was a lot better to me.
    First college got home sick. Second school made deans list my final five semesters and probably ran into Scott (N99hockey) a few times on campus.
  4. sherri

sherri Active Member

High School in the "Olden Days"

Ok, bobby-n! I'll play! First, there were no "goths" back in my day. (Again, I'm the same age as your parents, so ask them if you don't believe me!!)

Most of the others were the same, with the addition of the "heads" (pot heads/stoners/coke users???), "Deadheads" (similar to "heads", but these people followed the group The Grateful Dead all over the country!)and the "drama queens" (which was inclusive of all the "acting" people). As much as RB hates to label (and I have to agree, because no one fits any ONE label), here goes: I was a good girl (surprise, Cheri!)/geek/drama queen/and "preppie". Never a jock or stoner.

I was in National Honor Society/Spanish Honor Society/Thespian Honor Society. I was in the band (yes, did "band camp")/school shows/honor classes/AP classes. Also did community theatre. My "weighted" GPA was over 4.0. (Yet I still can't figure out half the stuff on this phone)...

I'm old. Ancient, according to my kids. I graduated High School in 1982/College in 1986/And got my Master's Degree in 1989.

Anyone else wanna play???
  5. Wow Sherri you seem soo much younger in your posts!
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

Thanks, I think....

Uhhhmmmmm..Thank you??? Trying to keep up so my daughter doesn't put me in a home!

Having a 16 year old daughter who is a HS cheerleader forces me to be "up-to-date". My younger sister can't believe I know how to facebook/youtube/and myspace! LOL!!!
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

a few images come to mind i could post but i won't :}
  8. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I was the band geek with an afro. Now I'm a payed musician, still a geek (sans afro), and I have a machine gun...
  9. KestrylR

KestrylR New Member

I didn't fit in anywhere, at ALL. I went to high school in a very small town in central Illinois and my parents were Jehovah's Witlesses. I was the oldest of 5 kids and wore hand-me-downs from other families in our congregation. My last 2 years in school, I pretty much only showed up on test days, got A's on the tests and never turned in any homework. And then followed that up with getting expelled in Feb. of my senior year - for non-attendance, go figure!

Someday I'll go back there and rub everyone's noses in how much money I make now, as an engineering data analyst...
  10. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

hmmm.... nice.... so sherri wanna hook me up with your daughter : ) (jk)
  11. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Creepy, party of one..lol. Anywho, I was a good girl with bad tendencies. I was quiet too, not shy, but quiet. It was easier to steal things and play practical jokes on classmates and teachers when no one suspects "the quiet good girl" teeheehee.......
  12. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

Did marching band, ROTC. Was the quit goofy looking skinny kid with big friends(bodyguards). School was easy, slept thru physics woke up and got A's on all the tests. He gave me a B due to sleeping. Didn't have money for colledge or name brand clothes. Ran a paper route in the morning, then worked as a cook after class to have $$. When I wasn't working I helped raise 2 of my younger brothers.

Senior year discovered booze. Don't remember too much after that. Did the Army thing after graduating.
  13. piranah

piranah New Member

was always the outcast...the chubby kid at catholic school. i was the only kid in the school with a single parent...all 10 years i went there...little awkward...so i fit in with the 3 geeks in my class..had a class of 87 when starting (the whole school k-12 was 400 kids)....left at end of 10th grade, well it was either that or get kicked out...i became the 'rebel' of the school, after a mental health issue...
    so went to public school...discovered mary jane.....met a girl 3rd day there, got her pregnant at the end of 11th grade, got married halfway through 12th and dropped out with 1 semester to go...was supposed to graduate in 03, but got ged in 2005...worked full time in between to raise money for kids...average gpa at catholic school- 2.3...average at public school 3.2....go figure..maybe it was the pot
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

I knew it you are a sleeper smarty. One of my friends is like that...never go to class but ace the tests lol. What was funny is when in Junior College her mom went to her math classes for her and nobody knew he difference lol
  15. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

Lets see, I was a band geek, nerdy jock who pretty much was easy to get along with. I was the student that teachers liked (respectful, not too disruptive) yet I wasn't a goody-goody by any means. I was in marching band for 3 years and concert band for 1 (I played clarinet for concert and bass drum in marching band). I played soccer and was average, I wrestled and was pretty good (went to the MD state tourney my Junior year where I started having back problems), and I played lacross where I had difficulties due to no depth perception. As far as grades I was lazy so I was average, I believe I graduated just under a 3.5 GPA.
  16. cheri

cheri Active Member

well oneeyedq that is a nice.
    accept the part about being lazy and having a 3.5 gpa lol that just crushed the rest of the folks that work their tails off for that.
  17. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

then you really don't want to know my lazy gpa....
  18. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

EH I don't put much stock in a number like that, we're all different, we have different learning ablilities. I may have had easier instructors than some people had and vice versa. Maybe N99 and Tony can verify what I'm about to say since thier in the same work field and then again maybe not. I work with Engineers and Architects, people who study for years to be where they are, yet they can sometimes be the most stupid people I know :gasp: As I always like to say just because you're book smart does not mean you are smart :tounge:

Hopefully what I said made sense and didnt come off as condecending or insulting to anyone.
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

soooo wait...now im stupid!?:tounge:
    hahaha...yea i hear you...boggles my mind with some of the people i have to deal with (engineers/contractors/clients/snooty architects...which i am not)
  20. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

If the shoe fits then wear it....:tounge:...sorry couldnt resist.