What vehicle mounts do you all use?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by acrunchyfrog, Apr 5, 2007.

1. acrunchyfrog

acrunchyfrog New Member

What vehicle mounts do you all use?

Hey everyone,

My Q is on it's way from cali as we speak and I'm looking into some vehicle mount solutions. I'd like to get a mount that I could put the Q in so that I can see the display without taking my eyes too far off the road.

What mounts are you guys using? Anything permanent? Cupholder mounts? window mounts? Vent mounts?

Anything out there an absolute piece of junk?

Thanks much

Tom
    Soon to be Q user.
  2. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

I tried a few universal mounts, and used them for a while, mainly because of the cheap price tag. Then I finally got fed up with having the Q at odd locations that were hard to see without taking my eyes off the road, or stuck in the middle of the windshield. I eventually ended up getting a ProClip Mount. It's expensive the first time because you have to buy both your specific vehicle mount and the device mount. But whenever you switch vehicles (not often for me) or devices (far more frequently), you just have to buy one of the two parts of the mount. It is a solid mount that doesn't shake around, and is in a perfect position, at least in my Aztec.
  3. CoolGui

CoolGui New Member

I agree. I balked at the high price for the ProClip, but when it was all said and done, I went ahead and got it and have loved it every since. They only (if there is any) downside to the proclip is that you can't use a skin type case, it has to slide into the mount naked.
  4. acrunchyfrog

acrunchyfrog New Member

I found the "pro-fit" website that has some nice mounting options, including one that you can use regardless of case, and one that secures the item w/ the round belt clip thingee you see on a lot of phones. I'm thinking of getting the metal case and that would work well for it, but only if I used the case.
    the universal holder "migrip" would work with or without a skin, it would seem

here's the link: http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Universal_Mounts/

I looked at the pro clip, but I have a jeep and don't like the mount right in front of my air vent (where they place it in a Cherokee). I worry about too much hot or cold air affecting the device's performance.

I'm thinking of placing it either between the guage cluster and the vents or on the left of the guage cluster, right next to the A-post.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

with the short commute (about 10-15 minutes) i have not (yet :} invested in one.. the Q fits perfectly standing straight up in the cup holder and it is either there or in my holster.

most of the funds i put in the Q are for software :2cool:
  6. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Yep same with my I have a 30 min commute and the cup holder work fine.. for now.
  7. lembowski

lembowski New Member

8. CMantis

CMantis New Member

9. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

10.00 RS mount