What the heck?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Dukeboy0169, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Dukeboy0169

Dukeboy0169 New Member

What the heck?

Ive heard many of you mention that youve been offered the vision plan for $10 instead of $15 since the 9c doesnt offer picture texting. I just activated my 9c and I asked the rep about this but she said theres no way she could give me the plan at $10 and Id have to pay $15. I even went as far as to tell her Ive spoken to many people online who have received the offer and she still wouldnt give it to me. Im surprised. I would probably hardly use it and Sprint would be making an additional 10 bucks on me yet they still wouldnt give it to me. Im not gonna budge and pay the $15.

Let me ask you guys. With the vision plan, that would enable me to use things like google maps which basically would be like having gps on my phone right?

Thoughts? :laugh2:
  2. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

Yes, the Vision plan would enable you to use google maps, and GPS works due to embedded unlocked GPS in the Q9c.

Some of us have the $10 (and some of us have a $5 or free) vision plan. The only way I was able to get this was by calling "retentions" or "account services" at Sprint. Essentially, you have to claim you are thinking of canceling, and they may offer it to you.

Or they may offer you something else. But you have to tailor your story to what you want for free or discounted (i.e. gee, US Cellular / Helio / etc is offfering me free data, and gosh darn it, I am really impressed by that and thinking I might leave sprint for them).

But normal Sprint reps you call via *2 won't be able to give that to you.
  3. Dukeboy0169

Dukeboy0169 New Member

Thank you for your insightful feedback. You would think theyd give it to me since Ive been a customer for over 5 years paying an average of $130/month even though I had a $40/month plan. Thats my own fault though. Darn girls like to text message me and it adds up quick. I always thought I had it good with 1000 anytime minutes for $40 a month. Oh well. Ill take your advice and Ill call them in a week or two. I have a month from today to decide if Im keeping my 9c.

What do you mean by it has embedded unlocked gps? You still have to use a feature like google maps or windows live search to have gps functionality right? Which basically means youre using the internet just like on a desktop only google maps or live search has versions designed for our mobile devices.

Or am I lost? :2cool: