What standard battery for the Q9c?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Supasing, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Boe

Boe New Member

I'm going to have both, I have gotten by for a full day on my standard battery so I will only use the extended battery when I am away for extended periods of time, just in case I can not charge it.
  2. BIGD

BIGD New Member

that's what I was saying but some people dont share that idea
  3. jjj92660

jjj92660 New Member

which battery is the "standard" one?

I have seen retailers claiming the "BT60" is the standard, and others claiming the "BT61" is the standard. Which one is which? the motorola site only sells the BT60, but doesnt say whether it is "extended" or not. It just says "high performance" which could mean anything... Anyone now which is the slimmer standard battery?

BTW, the motorola site now sells the battery door (all black (no verizon))..
    http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/e...ssageType=catProductDetail&showAddButton=true

thanks!
  4. billecorgan

billecorgan New Member

I was using the BT51 battery and a Verizon Q9c battery cover. I have recased my Q9c to an Alltel lime green one because I thought the color was cool.
  5. Mobile Auto Repair

Mobile Auto Repair New Member

The three batterys that come standard with the Q9C are:
    BT51
    BT60
    BT61
    all three are the standard batteries, only about 500 milliamp difference between them. But all fit the Standard Battery Door.

Currently the BT60 is the only one available from MOTOROLA, it has about 1440 Miliamps storage capacity. It again fits the standard battery door.

Hope this answered your question.
  6. jjj92660

jjj92660 New Member

Currently the BT60 is the only one available from MOTOROLA, it has about 1440 Miliamps storage capacity. It again fits the standard battery door.

On the motorola website, it shows the bt60 in the compatible accessories for the other Q9c "for sprint," and it shows the bt61 as only compatible for the Q9c "for verizon."

here is the bt60 shown as (1130 maH) compatible with the Q9c: http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/e...false&showAddButton=true&productID=SNN5819A

here is the bt61 shown as (1170 maH) compatible with the Q9c "for Verizon"
    http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/e...false&showAddButton=true&productID=SNN5820A

whats the deal? is it safe to use the bt61 in the sprint Q9C? thanks!
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

should be no problem, since the Sprint Q9c comes with the BT90 which is around 1600mAh
  8. jjj92660

jjj92660 New Member

maybe I meant to ask whether it would work if I used the bt61 instead of the bt60 rather than whether it would be safe... If it doesnt even show that it is compatible on the motorola site and it isnt the one on the sprint site, wouldnt it be incompatible or do some sort of damage (irrespective of maH levels)?
  9. thefourthdoctor

thefourthdoctor New Member

BT60 or BT61 both work fine on the Q9c.
  10. ewharper

ewharper New Member

I have a Q9C with 2 standard battery, I will trade for an extended battery and door.