What standard battery for the Q9c?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Supasing, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Supasing

Supasing New Member

What standard battery for the Q9c?

I was going to buy a Q9c but that battery/battery door look hideous. What standard battery should I buy to replace it? I was looking at the BT60. Is that one ok? Is it compatable? What one would be better? Should I look on ebay for a standard battery door? I want a black one.

Thanks
  2. adma

adma New Member

would getting a free extended battery from SPRINT actually cause someone NOT to buy a phone? I think this is a nice gesture.
  3. Supasing

Supasing New Member

I guess it a personal preference. Im not a really heavy user so I wouldnt need that. I would prefer it to be more sleek though. Others might want that battery it they use it a lot. It is geared toward corporate use, though I am not.

Supasing
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I'll bet you can find someone to trade with ya!!!
  5. Boe

Boe New Member

Thanks for starting this thread, I was wondering the same thing. I have the Original Q and I was wondering if it's standard battery and door would fit also.

EDIT: I just did some research in the Q store and I found out that the BT60 battery will work in the Q and the Q9m. I will test my Q's BT60 and door in my new Q9c when I receive it on 28 Nov and let you all know...yest I know it's a grey case but if it does I should be able to get a standard one w/o the brand on line.
  6. timber

timber Member

I have both Q's, the standard battery door from the old q is not compatible with the Q9C! It sucks, but that's the way it is.
  7. UPdownLoAD

UPdownLoAD New Member

So where would one get an standard door from??
  8. timber

timber Member

I asked representatives from the sprint store....they said to just wait a week or so and accessories should be in for the phone.....there's also the motorola store as well.
  9. BIGD

BIGD New Member

from dummy phone ;) on ebay
  10. Boe

Boe New Member

11. UPdownLoAD

UPdownLoAD New Member

12. timber

timber Member

Let me know if thats the right cover and if its unbranded! I will purchse one if it is.
  13. BryanT

BryanT New Member

Nonsense! The new battery is worlds better than the thin standard battery from my Motorola Q. With my last Motorola Q, I could get by only one day (24 hours) of standard use before the battery was completely drained.

With my new Q9C with the standard extended battery, I have not charged the phone for 49 hours and I still have 80% of my battery remaining (start --> settings -->power management will give you the bar display). I am thrilled that I don't have to constantly worry about running out of battery with this phone. My usage has included multiple phone calls, Internet use, and Sprint TV as well!

The improvement in the battery life FAR outweighs the small protrusion on the back cover.

14. BIGD

BIGD New Member

its just $10
    even if its branded so what ? can't u erase it ? I bought one from ebay and waiting for it.
  15. BIGD

BIGD New Member

True but u gotta have both just in case . ;)
  16. BryanT

BryanT New Member

In case what? In case "Supasing" comes around with a micrometer and inspects the width of your phone?

17. BIGD

BIGD New Member

wow u got sense of humor huh? . so u won't get tired of ur Q's FAT ASS . what i ment is why not to have both
  18. Parout

Parout New Member

I have to agree on the pro of the extended battery from Sprint. Nice trade-off in my opinion. Of course I just migrated over from the Treo brick! My battery life is outstanding with the 9c. Thanks Sprint.
  19. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

The extended battery is a nice touch . . . not just because of the longer battery life, but the Q feels more secure in my hand with the battery bulge and the extra bit of weight . . .

I might still get the regular battery and cover for those times when I'm off the clock and need to slip the Q in the pocket of a pair of jeans, but most of the time, I'll be using the extended battery
  20. adma

adma New Member

I agree, I love the extended battery. The extra width makes it easier to hold and I can use the phone all day long and not worry about losing powe.r.