What Photos have you snagged with your Q?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by tj!2k6, Aug 9, 2006.

1. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

My dog and the neighbor's "copy-cat" dog

Attached Files:

2. acarter00

acarter00 Member

Some shots I took at the Javits Center Boat Show in NYC today. The orange and green cockpits are from a 40' & 42' Cigarette Race Boat!!!!

Attached Files:

3. meta x zen

meta x zen New Member

4. meta x zen

meta x zen New Member

=) my cat sleeping on my lap as we speak

Attached Files:

5. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

My kitty Zoey's new favorite "hiding" spot.... :laugh:

Attached Files:

6. booey

booey New Member

hi , new here.. thinking about getting the new Q thats comming out for Sprint, but man i gotta say the camera quality looks VERY disappointing based on the majority of pics you guys have posted

i mean a couple of the shots look very good, like Praetorious's pics , and a few others, but the rest are just awful.

i'm really hoping its a setting, or steady hands thing:(
  7. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

You haven't played with camera phones much, have you? The Q's 1.3 megapixel camera is better than 90% of the camera phones currently out there.

If you want a digital camera, you should probably buy one and not look to a phone for your picture taking needs.
  8. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Ugh. I know it's not great quality, but if I'd been closer the Q would have surely self-destructed.

C'mon people, use the mirror before you leave the house and realize that some people shouldn't wear certain things! When your legs bubble out of your boots, draw the conclusion that you may not want to wear them together with that tiny-ass skirt!

_

Attached Files:

9. booey

booey New Member

Actually, I have used camera phones quite a bit , Have You??
    I respectfully disagree with your statement that the Q camera is better than 90% of the phones out there. Maybe 50-60% , but not 90%.

Now , i'm soley basing that statement on the pictures i see here in this thread. That is all i have seen of the camera. But i can easily name 5 phones off the top of my head that the camera is way better than the Q from what i have seen.

I also have an LG MM535 currently , and the camera is also 1.3 MP , and the pictures do not even compare, they are so much better. I'll be happy to post some pics if you do not believe me.

And just because you don't value the camera quality as much as me and some others, don't knock me because of that. Thats a preference of mine, obviously not one of yours, so respect my preferences, i do yours.

I'm not here to piss off anyone, as i know how protective people get of their phones if you berate them. So, i don't mean to attack the phone. I'm a fan of it, but just wish it had a better camera , and still seriously considering purchasing it.
    I can show you pictures from many Sprint phones , 1.3MP cameras , that look very nice, some very close to low end digital camera quality even.

So, don't tell me that the camera in the Q is as good as i'm gonna get, because its not, it can be a lot better, and I/we shouldn't have to settle for less than that. Not looking for Digital Camera quality, i never said i was... you said that
  10. inf3st

inf3st New Member

Make sure you are manually changing the brightness quality for whatever lighting you are in. That helps considerably.
  11. dmxoneiuv

dmxoneiuv New Member

picture quality

i wouldnt base my opinion on the Q's camera from the pictures on this forum b/c the forum itself has limitations on the size (in KB and in width/height) of the picture that we can upload. if you have good lighting when taking your picture and know how to change the settings for brightness and size you should be able to come out with a clean picture
  12. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

It all depends on lighting. With good lighting, you can get a fairly decent photo from the Q. I agree with tharmsen, the Q's camera is much better than other mobile phone cameras. There are also a number of settings... Please start a new topic if you'd like to discuss further. This one is for photos.:wink:
  13. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

14. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

I wish that 10gs were mine!
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

2 pix of my son... little too much light on one side from the sun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. Tao

Tao New Member

Might as well chime back in here....

Salmon caught on a flyrod. Manistee River, Tipee Dam.
    - http://www.everythingq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=270&stc=1&d=1169017788

Buddy who peed his drunk self (actually fell standing in front of the john, and couldn't keep it aimed away from his pants) giving the Fonz thumbs up. Haaaeeeeee....

-http://www.everythingq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=271&stc=1&d=1169018054

Took a newbie couple to the range for some handgun fun. First time either had shot a gun. They enjoyed it, and he wants to buy his first.
    -http://www.everythingq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=272&stc=1&d=1169018204

Self explanatory (actual product at urban outfitters)...
    -http://www.everythingq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=273&stc=1&d=1169018334
    - http://www.everythingq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=274&stc=1&d=1169018345

Attached Files:

17. WIndeXqc

WIndeXqc New Member

Pics taken with my MotoQ

:thumbup:Here's a couple pics of my Traxxas Revo3.3 Nitro truck.:w00t:

Just love my Revo 3.3

Attached Files:

18. jim-g

jim-g New Member

I agree with you about the Q Camera NOT as good as others but wouldn't try to put a percentage to that statement. My Samsungs and Treo 600 were more consistant about getting picture quality. They both were definitvely more improved about picture capture. What you saw was what you get and that is not always the case with the Q.

That being said, it will do 'most' of what I want when a real camera isn't handy.:2cool:
  19. Whitty

Whitty New Member

Photo of my dog at home taken by my Q black.
    I lost all my good photos of biker chicks and ex-g/fs when I switched to my new phone.
    Give me a few weeks. I should have some new ones soon.

Attached Files:

20. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

Picture from Q: Construction of a Bridge I am overseeing.

Attached Files: