What phone did you have before your Windows Phone 7 phone?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by chris, Jan 20, 2011.

1. DarthTedd

DarthTedd New Member

Garminfone

I bet I'm the only one to have this answer. :ROFLMAO:
  2. JasonWP7

JasonWP7 New Member

I had the iPhone 4, but i was getting a little tired of it to be honest. So the wife and i decided time for a change (enter HTC and Windows Phone 7) lol lol.
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

How's the wife accepting the change?
  4. JasonWP7

JasonWP7 New Member

She is missing some of her apps Chris, but so far she loves the simple layout and the live tiles. Plus she likes the Live Mail that is native on the phone. So Chris, i think she will grow to be a devoted follower like me. Admittedly I too miss some of my apps that I used on a daily basis on iOS, but give it time and I am sure we will see them ported over to WP7.
  5. Stephen Kirts

Stephen Kirts New Member

HTC Touch Diamond 2
  6. Sb.

Sb. Member

Last phone was a Samsung Omnia i900. WM 6.1 was a nightmare to use unless you used the stylus or had TouchFlo, SPB mobile shell or some other UI working. It got better with WM6.5 but still far from perfect.

Going to WP7 was everything I dreamed of having with 6.5 and more and running on the focus its a marriage made in heaven!
  7. bsemekanik

bsemekanik Guest

blackberyy 8520 curve :)
  8. Cerif27

Cerif27 New Member

Had a iPhone 3G; have a Samsung Focus. Though I'm on here complaining and trying to find solutions to problems a lot, I love it and have no intention of going back anytime soon.
  9. sean reynolds

sean reynolds New Member

had a samsung fascinate galaxy s phone... was with verizon. paid a 550 dollar phone bill to switch to tmobile. now my wife and i both have the hd7 , it is by far the best smartphone i have ever used, and i was rooting every android phone under the sun... installing every custom rom you can think of. its amazing how many people think iphone's and android phones are the best phones you can get... try it before you buy it, thats all i gotta say... hopefully our commumnity will grow, along with sweet apps and the desire to build for developers...
  10. jbiker68

jbiker68 New Member

I'm a new member today - appreciate having access to WP7 users experience, info & news. Anyway, I had a BlackBerry Storm v.1 and got tired of waiting for WP7 to hit Verizon. Now I'm a happy AT&T customer with a Samsung Focus and really love it.
  11. Redux7

Redux7 Member

In the past 2 years Motorola Rokr, HTC Touch Viva, HTC Touch 3G," Nokia 3200 Classic, Samsung M150, Samsung S5350 Shark" (Waiting on WP7), Samsung O7.
  12. Lee Hughes

Lee Hughes New Member

on my part this is a bit on the premature side since I don't yet own an WP7 phone.

But I currently own And HTC magic, the worst phone i've had in my life and it's also the first android device i've owned. I am beyond disapointed with it.

Buying new android phone will most likely fix that. Nut here's why I'm skeptical if i want a new android:

the GUI is ugly, and fairly commonly impractical.
    The linux forking is horrible. waiting for an update, if ever you'll get one. new OS releases about every six months, what good is that if i don't get them? and am forced to buy a new phone just for that.
    what use are the massive amounts of apps in the market if so many of them are of such poor quality they're useless.

but, here's why i'm very skeptical of getting an WP7:
    lack of critical software, atleast this is what i assume is missing on the WP7:
    bank software, on android i got my Bankdroid and my banks also have their own bank apps. VERY usefull
    Is there flash for the IE browser?
    Are there any Swedish bank apps available? i've not seen any, but haven't been looking to hard either.
    Lack of customization
    So many review ratings i've read weren't exacly spectacular.

So, can you people maybe convince me of why I should buy one?
  13. Stephen Kirts

Stephen Kirts New Member

Love my Samsung Focus. I use my bank's mobile banking website via IE. Upcoming 'Mango' update (later this year) will address IE/Flash issue; will put WP7 on par w/other OSs, or better. Nokia & Skype announcements make for exciting future for WP7!
  14. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Welcome and I agree with you. The first effort has been great, but Mango is really going to be a major update. There is plenty to get excited about with regards to WP7. It's going to be some year.
  15. manewinho

manewinho New Member

HTC Touch HD, HTC Touch Dual, SAMSUNG i780