What is your Omnia's "theme"?

Discussion in 'Samsung Omnia' started by kaylabeers, Jan 15, 2009.

1. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

Nothing a hard reset won't take care of but I've never tried to just uninstall. SPB is probably not bad since it's just one cab but intsalling TF2D irequires about a dozen different cabs so you definitely want to master reset.
    Remember kids always back up your info!
  2. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I keep seeing that acronyn, TF2D. What is that?
  3. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

TF2D = TouchFlo 2D.
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

ok. googled that and get an error on any page that returns to their website. Guess I can cross that company off my list of apps to investigate.
  5. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

I'm not exactly sure what the difference between TF2D and Manilla 2d is but Manilla 2D is what I'm using in the screen shots I posted on page 2 or 3 of this thread.
    Here is a forum that goes into detail how to install Manilla 2D

This is probably my favorite "skin" but takes a while to install and tweak, it uses almost all of your available phone memory (not including "my storage" and removable card), and it can be buggy at times. The reason I stopped using it was because my WIFI dissappeared which I guess is fairly common with it. I've since found how to get WIFI back but I don't feel like going through all the steps of reinstalling it.
  6. osiris

osiris New Member

Does the SPB Mobile Shell sort of run as an app and if you close it, you go back to the default home screen? I tried tinkering a little last night but it would always start me at the default screen with the sammy widgets and then the right soft button was for spb shell. Am I doing something wrong or is that just the way it is?
  7. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

Spb runs as the 'now scren'.. To get rid of the 'today screen', Google 'Spb Watcher'
  8. osiris

osiris New Member

Got it...thanks kaylabeers! Now to try to put some skins on there!
  9. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

10. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

^looks cool, well done.
    I ended up really digging spb so I'm probably gonna hang on to it for awhile. It just feels more stable then TF2D and is much easier to install if for some reason you have to master reset. Can't wait to try spb 3.0 which is supposed to come out later this month.
  11. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

U guys mind posting some updated screenshots of what your omnia looks like now and what you use?

seriously i think thats my last question
  12. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

I use SPB Mobile Shell 3.0 (with Mskip's Ultimate Pro) & S2u2. I'll show a few screens to give you an idea, but they are infinitely customizable. The very first one is my main screen; others available by swiping left or right.

The shot with the glowing blocks is my S2u2 unlock screen. It is actually an animated GIF file in which white blocks appear and disappear randomly.

Attached Files:

13. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

ooooooooooooooo sexxy
  14. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

15. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

16. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

17. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Impressive. I like the mapping. :dft003:cool
  18. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

it's not a theme exactly just the way everything on the phone looks right now.

Yeah I LOVE GARMIN mobile!!!!!

ur background is awesome though, almost makes me wanna change the carbon fiber
  19. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

I'm really digging the new mobile shell 3.5. Here is my current 5 tile lifestyle setup. Background is a closeup pic I took with the Omnia of Round Lake in Charlevoix Michigan a couple weeks ago but I change that often so I showed one of my new favorites from the SPB MS online catalog too.
    Far Left Calander and Weather (oops not shown), Left Center Tools & Games (under construction), Center Clock/Weather/Messages, Right Center Fav Apps, Far Right I'm using the new picture frame widget as links to my fav picture files.
    S2U2 to lock screen with a pic I took with my Omnia in my backyard of some leaves covered in morning dew.
    [​IMG]
  20. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Nice backgrounds!