What is your Omnia's "theme"?

Discussion in 'Samsung Omnia' started by kaylabeers, Jan 15, 2009.

1. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

What is your Omnia's "theme"?

Wow, perfect timing for a new addition to the forum. I just got my Omnia yesterday.. My Q is currently unused on a spare line going at $9.99 a month. Anway..
    What have you guys done with your Omnia in the way of themes..?

Mine is not "very pretty" yet.

[​IMG]
  2. chatmaster20

chatmaster20 Member

Awesome. I just recently switches as well and I am very happy that Omnia is going to be on this forum. I am still using default Samsung Widget screen, but it is time to make some changes! Hopefully, there will be as many tips and tricks for us who switched as for the Q users.

3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

congratz on the new device Kayla... ditto for you chatmaster.
  4. chatmaster20

chatmaster20 Member

Thank you! I had a hard time leaving my Q behind. I mean, I have had one since they came out, so going to something else felt weird. Unfortunately, rumors of Moto killing the Q and their WinMo division, made me think that it was time to move on to something else. I have to say that there are many times when I miss my Q! I still read this board daily as I support about 50 Qs in my company. :laugh2: I am glad there is an Omnia section now.
  5. eko

eko New Member

I still have my q but have been heavily considuring picking up an omnia myself, keep us updated on what you find for it please :)
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ekoooooooooooooooooooo :}

how's it ?
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

indeed.... as you know i also left the Q, for several reasons but i still have the Q1 and Q9 and a whole bunch of good memories :}
  8. eko

eko New Member

whats happening :) What did you leave the q for .... ok now we are totally digressing in the omnia forum :/

To keep this semi on topic when playing with my moms omnia that I just set up for her I love the mouse function, that is a nice new twist
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i went to the dark side, BlackBerry Storm 9530.. similar to the Omnia but then sexier :}
  10. eko

eko New Member

lol very nice my Dad just got one of those at the same time that my mom got the omnia is there a section her for the storm? Id love to keep up with the custimizations for it and programs :)
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no BB section here, so i'm often on everythingberry.com (and i am not the only Q'er there :}
  12. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

There is a few "Today add-ons" that I have installed..If you don't get any add-ons, the screen looks BORING. Lol. I use the LCD clock, Face Contact, IM+, and WkTASK. I'm still looking for more things to make it the "perfect phone"..Somedaaaay. I do really like the phone, even though it does have some things I don't like..

And I take it that there is no way to use any other GPS except VZW Navigator? Anyone know? I havnt tried, just heard.
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i know on the Storm it works... i tried Google Maps - worked.. but the BB comes with BB Maps so i am using that, try it.
  14. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

Nope.. Boo.
  15. eko

eko New Member

what dont you like about it so far?
  16. Ch0ppy35

Ch0ppy35 New Member

I love my Q 9m, but I want this phone...NOWW! Too bad I got another year to go on my contract
  17. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

Everything that I did not like was changeable. I made it so the screen does not auto rotate, that was annoying.. I hate the Opera browser on the Omnia, but use it on everything else. I am using Internet Explorer, which I never use any other time. I pretty much like everything.
  18. Ch0ppy35

Ch0ppy35 New Member

Get skyfire?
  19. chatmaster20

chatmaster20 Member

I really like the Opera. That's probably the main reason why I like the Omnia. Opera can tackle any website, including youtube and you don't have to worry about updating hacks or anything like that.
  20. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Since the Omnia uses WM Pro, you guys might want to check out SPB's Mobile Shell. It looks pretty awesome, and from what I hear fully customizable and skinnable. It's not free though. :frown: