what is wrong here ?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by rudeboy, Feb 5, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

what is wrong here ?

i am using (and altering a bit) the Qusers home screen, i want to display SMS, MMS, Email and Voicemail 'counters') 3 out of 4 work, here's the code:

the MMS one is not working.. who-who can help me.

thanks.
  2. Dwain77

Dwain77 New Member

I've just started changing up the Qusers theme as well. I just looked at a few things and seem to be in the same place you are. I get MMS on the screen but no number, maybe it's just the width is too narrow? Hmm, didn't think of that before now....have to try it.

I know the theme first had Email/MMS with (I think) one total. Like if you had 5 emails and 3 MMS is would read Email/MMS 8, right? I can't even figure that part out, where the MMS number is coming from that is. I also have my exchange email, hotmail, and gmail and the Email number shows a total for all 3 accounts. So I guess I'm off to play a little more. I'll let you know if I find anything that might help you.

Wow, I can ramble on with no help can't I? Sorry. :tounge:
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i moved on :} and restored it back to Email/MMS, tried changing the width, tried unreadMMS.. nothing worked. currently trying to get the Bluetooth icon/notification in there, got it in there but at a weird spot.. also keep in mind that this home screen will *not* display missed calls :{
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

5. Dwain77

Dwain77 New Member

I actually hadn't noticed the missed calls thing yet, but shortly after reading this I noticed I did miss a call and never knew. So I found this code and added it to Qusers and now it shows I missed a call full screen. Give it a try.

<!--standard missed calls plugin-->
    <plugin clsid="{0BA8ABB8-1F1D-417f-88C6-DA8530E2E7A6}" name="missedcalls" height="220">
    <background b-border-width="0">
    <format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT"/>
    </background>
    <label halign="center" bgcolor="#0e1140" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT" font-weight="bold" y="60" w="320" h="220" font-size="32">
    <format state="nocall" visible="false"/>
    <text lang="0x0409">
    Missed calls: <calls/>
    </text>
    </label>
    </plugin>

By the way I put it right under the closing </scheme> tag. Not 100% sure if it matters.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks, that seems to work. i tested it and it gives you a entire black screen w/ in the center "Missed calls: 1" with the possibilty to go to the call history screen... kind neat.

thanks.
  7. Dwain77

Dwain77 New Member

I'm actually having a little problem with the missed call screen. If I'm on my home page and press up all the way to the top it goes to the missed call screen. Or sometimes if I'm in a menu and hit the home key it'll go to the missed call screen. So maybe I'll try and move it around a little later, just curious if you're seeing the same thing?
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i inserted the code you gave me at the place in the .xml that yoy said and haven't had that issue come up. (i would have told you if i did :}
  9. Dwain77

Dwain77 New Member

Cool, I power cycled my phone and the missed call screen is coming up when I hit home now. So all is well, we'll see what happens when I miss my next call. Seems like before it just wouldn't clear out the missed call list.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

huh ?! your missed call screen comes up when you hit the home key ?.. how's that cool ? :}