What is the difference between Sprint Vision or Power Vision?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by baldyguy, Apr 26, 2007.

1. baldyguy

baldyguy New Member

What is the difference between Sprint Vision or Power Vision?

Would anyone tell me what the difference is between the two?
  2. Stealth

Stealth New Member

For your Q - nothing. If you have other sprint phones... probably the number of TV channels. The Q doesn't get Sprint TV
  3. baldyguy

baldyguy New Member

Either one comes with EV-DO speeds right?

4. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Yes - I have the cheapest one for $15 a month. It has EVDO. I thought about getting the others until I found out the Q did not get the TV channels.
  5. Fox

Fox New Member

Does the Power Vision package count against your minutes when you use data? Someone told me that it does, but I can't find anything on this at all.
  6. gmplr831

gmplr831 New Member

no, data is data, minutes are minutes. No minutes used with power vision.
  7. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Exactly what he /\ /\ /\ said!
  8. GetOnMahLevel

GetOnMahLevel New Member

so, for the Q do are most users using power vision or pcs vision?
  9. regression

regression New Member

I have Power Vision. It was explained to me that Power Vision is higher speed Internet, approaching broadband. Regular Vision is like dial up. I was paying $15 a month for regular Vision on my old phone. When I got the Q, I was told only Power Vision would work, and it is also $15 a month. I don't think you can use regular Vision on the Q.
  10. GetOnMahLevel

GetOnMahLevel New Member

sounds good...switching as we speak!!
  11. RoguePope

RoguePope New Member

I forgot to switch my package to PowerVision when I got my Q, but I was still showing that I was on an EVDO connection. Both plans are priced the same - so I am guessing if you are capable of EVDO and are paying for either Vision package - you will get the EVDO. Just my $0.02...

(I have formally upgraded to PowerVision effective NEXT month... just in case ;) - Yes - I am still showing as EVDO
  12. softspirits

softspirits Guest

Can anyone tell me why I would pay for the $20 or $25 per month plan as opposed to the $15 that I am paying? What is the diff?

~Deidre
  13. holtcg

holtcg New Member

You would pay the $20 or $25 if you really like the good people at Sprint and wanted to give them extra money for the same thing. :2cool:

The $20 and $25 PowerVison packages include more TV and Radio channels, and so do not apply to the Motorola Q.
  14. andrew32

andrew32 New Member

Why don't you just get the Phone as modem plan? It's 40 bucks but it has unlimited data with EVDO and you can hook it up to your laptop and use it as a modem when you are not in Wi-Fi areas. Most of the features of vision can't be used on the Q anyways.
  15. holtcg

holtcg New Member

I'm happy with the $15, thanks. Now they just need to put back the 100 text messages so I don't have to pay $5 for 300 of which I will use about 10...

The Q does enough by itself to allow me to be happy without my notebook. Email, news, video, audio, Audible books... If I am on a trip, then the notebook can wait for the hotel room or cafe and wifi. It's a great solution. I will continue to patronize businesses that offer free wifi, unlike Starsucks. Find an America's Best Coffee or Mom and Pop type shop that offers free and eschew the people who charge you outrageous $$ for coffee, yet still won't throw a few MB of data your way...

Chris
  16. andrew32

andrew32 New Member

I found a better way to use my phone as a modem a program called PDAnet is 35 bucks and its a one time fee. so now I just pay the 15 a month and use this program. Its so much cheaper
  17. gmplr831

gmplr831 New Member

Yea stealth got it right! That is th easiest explanation.
  18. insider

insider New Member

ok

Sprint vision operates on a different network than Power vision. Bacically the power vision is faster than regular vision. Only power vision phones can operate on this faster network, while regular vision phone operate on the regular vision network. The power vision network is capable of delivering throughput speeds of over 350kbps.