What is the best screen protector out there?

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by Honorary Title, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Honorary Title

Honorary Title New Member

Opinions? What is the best out there and what should i stay away from? I need to order two relatively quick.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

3. Honorary Title

Honorary Title New Member

I checked that thread, but it seems the only case that is worth it either dulls the screen or is sticky/tacky to the touch. Does anyone have one that actually don't mind using?
  4. cheshirecat

cheshirecat New Member

Several of us checked Samsung and it is Gorilla Glass. Google Gorilla Glass and see how tough it is and why you don't need a screen protector. IMO
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

My opinion? I don't need it. Haven't used a screen protector on any of my phones with gorilla glass.
  6. muddtt

muddtt Member

I've initially used a skinomi screen protector but it wasn't that great unless you apply it perfectly the very first time you try. After that I bought a boxwave screen protector. I've been using those for years on my palm pilot years ago & iphones i've had. Once again a great product.
  7. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm thinking about pulling off my screen protector. Does your Surround have Gorilla Glass? Any scuffs or scratches?
  8. EatCereal

EatCereal Member

I've had the Focus for about 3 months now w/o protection. No scuffs or scratches.

Be naked!!:)
  9. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

For those of us using a screen protector (for extra protection I suppose) has anyone found a good anti-glare screen protector? I love my Invisible Shield from ZAGG, but man I can't see anything at all on my phone in the sunlight or even a excessively lit area.
  10. muddtt

muddtt Member

i searched gorilla glass and scratches on google once and went thru a few android forums. seems like it's hit or miss. lots of people say no scratches but at the same time plenty of people say they have scratches.
  11. EatCereal

EatCereal Member

Gorilla glass WILL scratch, however I think you have to abuse your phone pretty bad for it to do so.
    I do sometimes put my phone in a cloth sunglass case and have the glass facing my thigh when it's in my pocket...if I'm heavy on the go with shopping, running lots of errands etc
    mayflower likes this.
  12. mayflower

mayflower New Member

That's true !