What feature do you love most about your Motorola Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by chris, Jun 15, 2006.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

What feature do you love most about your Motorola Q

I thought this would be an interesting discussion to see what feature everyone loves most about their Q.

For me, I love the form factor. As a Treo 700p user, I find the size of Q is remarkable. It's thin enough, that it fits in my shirt pocket and doesn't weigh it down.

What's your favorite feature?
  2. gadget

gadget New Member

I'm with you on the form factor, that and the screen on this thing is incredible! I've had several PDAs and smartphones and you can actually see the screen outdoors on the Q.
  3. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

Well I can honestly say that the form factor is what sold me initially on the Q. Being new to smartphones, I think my favorite feature is email. It is great to have access to my inbox wherever I may be. (however, the pocket outlook could be much better)
  4. cdrw

cdrw New Member

I agree with Chris but I would also like to comment on camera features which excite me.

Motorola Q has a 1.3-megapixel camera with video-recording capabilities.
    You can take still shots in five resolutions (160x120, 176x144, 320x240, 640x480, and 1,280x1,024), and the 6X digital zoom is available for use even at the highest resolution. Isn't that exciting ?

What do you feel about this feature ?
  5. EdW

EdW New Member

I like the small size of the phone as well as the email capability with pop3 email and my company email which goes through an exchange server. The phone over all is much better than the rest of the selection that Verizon has to offer. Lets not forget it's the least expensive as well.:thumbup:
  6. ckest13

ckest13 New Member

whats the form factor???
  7. ThePostaldude

ThePostaldude New Member

I'm pretty sure they mean the slim profile of the Q. C'mon, have you seen it! I'ts like a playing card!(Not really)
  8. pixelpics

pixelpics New Member

The speakers sound very good. I listen to xm radio on www.minixm.com I love this smartphone. I like the fact that it takes an sd card so I can put music on it and other things. It is so light it does not way down my shirt pocket like other devices do. The Q is so new I know there will be several software upgrades in time to come. So far, this is the best phone I have ever owned.
  9. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

I like that email is Push OR Pull, I also like the size (no more belt holster, it fits in my pocket quite well!) I also like the screen and the Voice Dialing.
  10. fmcgirt

fmcgirt New Member

I agree with the previous posts about the form factor and the phone part of the Q is great but having come from the Treo 700p where one is mostly able to use the device without touching the stylus, I like NOT having a touch screen and stylus. The thing that I hate most about PPC devices is having to fumble around for a stylus to do a simple, single operation, especially when driving, and even with WM5 some developers have still not caught on to implementing the soft keys correctly. With the Q (and other Smartphone devices) they have no choice and I love it!!!

Frank
  11. greg3000gt

greg3000gt New Member

I too like the Push email and PIM update feature. I was able to get the email wireless sync to work no problem with my IP "but" trying to download the PC monitor application to sync my contacts, calendar etc was tought. I literally spent 2 plus hours on the phone with turns out "nokia" supports/writes the email push program tech guys it was a challenge for them but we got it to work. It works "FLAWLESSLY", no longer do I have to use activesync "except" to install new programs and explore the device.

I know a black case model is available, but I just purchased 3 different leather model cases for the Q on Ebay the seller is JUNRED I think that his ebay name cases were all under 30.00 and custom.

Can't wait for the DUN feature as in the 6700 for Verizon that I gave up for this. That feature worked awesome with my BT laptop. Later all, I find myself having to take my Q with me everywhere even just hold it and cuddle with it! Okay now it's time for my evening medication :)
  12. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

Features....Features...Too many to list. I love the whole package!