What does this symbol mean? and possible net connection issue

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by brendajos, Apr 14, 2008.

1. brendajos

brendajos New Member

What does this symbol mean? and possible net connection issue

I feel like I should know what this symbol means, but I have a feeling it doesn't mean what I thought it did. It's that little funnel-y looking thing that sometimes appear above the bars in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I always thought it meant that I was roaming but I am now starting to suspicion that it doesn't.

It used to appear once in a while now it seems to appear all the time. I did the firmware upgrade about a month or so ago and it appears quite frequently now. Whenever it does appear, I can't connect to the internet or to get my e-mails. Any ideas on how to make it stoppit? Thanks!
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Does it also appear where the Ev normally appears? Sounds like the roaming symbol. Is it in your Q's manual?
  3. brendajos

brendajos New Member

It's this one... it appears where the signal stregth bars are and when it is there, the double arrows that point to the left and right that are usually there are gone.

[​IMG]

I get this symbol no matter where I am. At home, at work, out driving around... it isn't constant but it happens a lot more since I did the firmware update and whenever it is there, I get an error that says something like "the connection has been ended by the remote user." When that happens I can't get messages from any of my e-mail accounts and usually can't connect to web pages.
  4. figofan710

figofan710 New Member

What does the 2 arrow symbol above the connection bars symbol mean? it is always there on my phone and i have no idea waht it means.

-thanx
  5. oregon_

oregon_ New Member

the symbol is just to show that you're connected to an antenna. it's on all phones, regardless of whether you have signal strength or not.
  6. brendajos

brendajos New Member

I have no idea which one of us you are talking to.
  7. capo8488

capo8488 New Member

the arrows are to let you know you have connection available...so you can send and receive data. the other ''funnel'' symbol is in the manual..why you can't use the internet...that's where I open the door for someone else.. =)
  8. oregon_

oregon_ New Member

nope. the arrows mean that you're using data in some way.
  9. capo8488

capo8488 New Member

oh well about five people told me it means that you are ''ready and willing to receive data''..
  10. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I'll second that. The PDA icon (further to the left) is the one that indicates data transfer.
  11. The arrows mean that you are not transmitting data.
    When you are transmitting data a little pda appears on the top of the screen...
  12. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

means you are ready to transfer data

correct the PDA icon means transfering data
  13. brendajos

brendajos New Member

ok... seriously ...lol... I am not having issues when the arrows are there. if there is an explanation for the funnel looking thing in the manual I am not finding it. can someone explain it? all I can find is pictures with it there but nothing actually explaining it. thanks!
  14. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

The funnel is the default signal strength indicator. It shows when the phone is not prepared to transmit data.