What do you think about my Homescreen for a newbie?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by WorksInTheory, Mar 15, 2007.

1. WorksInTheory

WorksInTheory New Member

What do you think about my Homescreen for a newbie?

Alright guys - thanks so much to you guys and other forums such as Qusers, etc. I just got my Q this weekend - I sat at my computer from noon Sat to noon Sun. That's just how I am - I keep pluggin' away until I accomplish what I wanted to do or learned what I was trying to learn.

It was quite a journey pieceing together bits and pieces from diff places sometimes needing to make my own changes b/c there was an error in the info or b/c my situation was specific. Went from unlocking the phone, installing software, doing registry hacks, installing plugins/dlls and getting them to work, learning to code the XML to customize. It was all really fun and satisfying in the end. Let me know what you think of my homescreen

[​IMG]

I can't seem to get rid of that line above the Profile on the bottom left corner above start. Tried everything.

Anyways not the most exciting background but I run the gamut of buttons and meters on the top and side by side plugins for the weather and time and then tabs, etc. Not too shabby to start.

Now just gotta figure out the Mini SD and whether to take a chance on 4GB or not.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

3. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Here you go--I attached it to my post. Looks good.

Attached Files:

4. westonea

westonea New Member

Looks nice. What add-ins did you use at the top.... I love the signal strength as numeric, and not 3 bars....
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

looks nice indeed, and is that top bar actually the replacement for the "normal" one ?
  6. BoodaLuvr

BoodaLuvr New Member

Has this been uploaded?? Looks really good. I didnt see it on the homescreen area. That or I am really blind.
  7. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

You can upload to our free software downloads area. Just zip it up and include a screenshot if you could.:wink:
  8. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

The very top plugin is PhoneAlarm. It's a really cool program that offers tons of customization. I tried it on my Q and ended up removing it because it ran slow and caused some lockups. I've read of people that have no problems though.
  9. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

10. WorksInTheory

WorksInTheory New Member

Sorry for being AWOL on my own post - work is kicking my...

Yes I can upload if someone tells me what all the parts I need to upload are. I am thinking I need to take everything from the Application Data/Home folder and the Program Files/phoneAlarm folder.

The top is Phone Alarm using an altered version of one of their default skins. I moved the Blue Tooth icon over for example since I don't really use it. When it is on that thing turns blue.

I turned off the regular icon status plug in so that phone alarm replaces it.
    I also had to use Orange to get the Fizz Weather to be on the same line as the Time.

The tabs for Schedule and Task and Programs are from Facade

ScottJb - thanks for the help but what did you do differently that allowed it to post and when I did it it didn't post?
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i believe you can/should mention which plugins it requires, but the actual plugin like PhoneAlarm you do not need to upload. (it's not freeware is it)
  12. scottjb

scottjb New Member

I took the link and saved the image on my hard drive. Then I added it as an attachment to my post.
  13. Bobbi

Bobbi New Member

Cool!

I have had my Q for a couple of weeks now and I would like to now how to build a home page can u help me?
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yep, what Scott said is a good start for sure, mess around with other peoples work also helps a great deal, see how stuff is done and then apply it to your screen..
  16. WorksInTheory

WorksInTheory New Member

Sorry Bobbi for the late reply, I've been working alot lately so don't check this as much. Yes the link that was given is a good place to start. For what I did I used SBSH Facade and PhoneAlarm which has alot of stuff for you already and some configurability. You can start there as well. Hope that gets you started atleast!
  17. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Home Screen Tutorials

One of the best Home screen references that I know of is the one that I wrote. :laugh2: I don't go over the mechanics of building the Home screen, but I link to various tutorials (the MoDaCo one and a newer one at pocketnow), plus I give links to various other references, plug-ins and tools.

Steve