What Browser do you use? And who uses their Nap every day?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by Cunha, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Cunha

Cunha Member

What Browser do you use? And who uses their Nap every day?

What browser do you use on your Q9n and what if any issues do you have? Internet explorer is chunky but works without issues (besides the general poor performance).

Opera Mobile 10 feels 100 times better, but when I am inputting text say into an email, every time I type a period and then hit the space bar, the browser leaves the text editor mode.

Anyone have similar experiences? I'm not sure what to use. I tried skyfire and it wasn't really any better than IE.

Another question - who is using their nap as their daily phone?
  2. kwood129

kwood129 Member

I use my nap as my everyday phone. I also use opera and skyfire as my browsers. The only thing I used IE for is for streaming orb to my phone. I have had the exact same problem with email and it's really frustrating. I have set up my email on my nap so most of the time I just use that instead.
  3. Cunha

Cunha Member

It happens with any opera text input. Email, Forums like these. Very frustrating and is the main function of the internet browser.

I should figure out how to setup my email on the Q9n. I wonder if there are any fixes for the opera problem.
  4. ryant35

ryant35 Member

I noticed that Opera Mobile 10 also I type a period it does the same thing. I have all my email set up on the phone so I don't have to use the browser. I only run into this problem when I am posting on forums. Skyfire is better but when you are typing a long email there are no browsers that are really ideal, they all have their problems.
  5. Cunha

Cunha Member

That's really too bad. Really a bummer. Opera is close except useless whenever inputting text. IE works fine for inputting text just way way clunky.
  6. natieya

natieya Member

I'm still using my Nap everyday. :)
  7. manbat

manbat Active Member

I "Rotate" my Nap with a couple of other phones on one of my lines!! I still like the "Q" form alot!!
  8. ryant35

ryant35 Member

I figured a work around for typing punctuation in Opera Mobile 10, if you wait until your post is complete you can go back and add punctuation starting at the end and going forward. It's that you can't keep typing after . ! or ?
  9. Rick7753

Rick7753 New Member

Still use mine every day. :)
  10. MOTOrin

MOTOrin New Member

Daily service not for phone, but for internet; additionally I'm VZW "Pay As You Go" tethered right now - and what's even better for $15 every other month (because the $.99/day data charge so far hasn't been reducing my account balance) I'm gettin' unlimited usage - in a way that nowhere in any other part of this forum did any of the instructions allude would even possibly work, was thinkin' I'd start a new thread, but don't think anybody still reads much of anything here anymore, too bad because I've found a way to get unlimited tethered data for $90 a year.
  11. Rick7753

Rick7753 New Member

Still use mine every day, but the keypad is starting to get funky.
  12. manbat

manbat Active Member

Still have mine...lol. I swap back and forth between it and my Q9m/n on one of my lines.....NOSTALGIA...lol. They both still work great. My main driver is my HTC Rezound though.